Keeping a company without work permit !

Rate this topic

Hey there,

A question has come to my mind and I was hoping you can answer it.

I understand that I can get RP with registering a company and that doest give me WP. ( Since I have my own online business ) thats OK with me and I don't think Im doing anything illegal ( is that true ? )

Its also Ok with me to pay tax ( if there is any ) or any other money charges on company's name for keeping it alive without activities.

Now my questions are,

My company registration will give me RP but does it also give me right to open bank accounts , getting credit cards or even sending my kids to school ?

For want I understand they gave 1 year RP on company registration, not having activities with company and not getting WP will effect the process of getting RP for year 2 or 3 ? 

Keeping my company alive but without actives will stop me from getting citizenship/turkish passport after 5 years ?

Thanks in advance.

PS: anyone know a good lawyer in Istanbul ?

My company registration will give me RP but does it also give me right to open bank accounts , getting credit cards or even sending my kids to school ?

You don't need a company registration to open a personal bank account, all you need is a tax number.

For credit cards that would depend on the bank. If you can show you have good credit, even in your own country, you can get one.

For your children to come, you need to get them a family residence permit. These are for the foreign dependent children of a legal resident. With a family residence permit children have the same rights for education as Turkish citizens.

For want I understand they gave 1 year RP on company registration, not having activities with company and not getting WP will effect the process of getting RP for year 2 or 3 ?

Year 2 or 3 require the same as year 1. However if you have sufficient financial resources to support yourself, you can get a residence permit based on that.

Keeping my company alive but without actives will stop me from getting citizenship/turkish passport after 5 years ?

Actually I am not aware of company ownership having anything to do with residence. The main thing they need is proof that you can support yourself, and therefore, will not work illegally. Whether that money comes from a company or not is irrelevant.

Have you seen somewhere that company ownership is connected to residence?

Thanks Ken,

Since with registering a company I get residence permit, doesn't that automatically give residence permit to my family ( I mean shouldn't be hard right ? ) Do you know if I can apply for my spouse as the same time with me ? ( Her name can be on the list of share holders if it helps )

------

How much Dollars is "sufficient financial resources" ? :)

------

Do I need to pay any tax or any money for the company in year 2 or 3 ?

-----

The question I asked before, I can have an online job and earn enough money to live a happy life in turkey but since its online and earning is from outside of Turkey, Do I still need Work Permit ? what I do is legal ?

-----

About Citizenship and Passport,

I saw on many website ( Persian/ English ) to apply for Turkish citizenship as a foreigner, you have like 2 options,

• by acquiring property
  • Have lived in Turkey for at least the last five years without interruption – periods of up to six months out of the country are allowed without damaging your residence permit.

I was told that I can go for second way to get citizenship only if I register a company/pay tax and not with residence permit I can get from renting an app for a long stay.

Visa to Live in Turkey

If the intention is to move to Turkey to live, the relevant visa (work, education) is required to enter the country. Then a residence permit may be applied for within 30 days of arrival.

A person moving to Turkey to for other reasons (retirement, marriage, long stay) may enter on a tourist visa but must apply for residency within 30 days of arrival. The residency application must have the relevant supporting documentation for example proof of finances, accommodation, marriage. A valid residence permit allows for multiple entry to Turkey with no visa required.

Im not sure if thats true or they just told me to charge me on registering a company for me.

Let me ask you this way if anyone can tel,

Let say I have enough money or I can earn enough money online to live in turkey and at the end of year I can proof I have sufficient financial resources to support my family and get the residence permit for year 2,3 to year 5. Is that enough ? is that all I need ? or for example just because I haven't paid any taxes I wont be able to obtain turkish citizenship/passport ?

check this guys

http://www.turkishclass.com/turkey/essay/admin/becoming-a-turkish-citizen-how-to-obtain-turkish-p1

it says :

what do you need to prove?

Typically, to apply for Turkish citizenship as a foreigner, you need to:

• Be over the age of consent in your own country (typically 18 years of age)
  • Have lived in Turkey for at least the last five years without interruption – periods of up to six months out of the country are allowed without damaging your residence permit
  • Intend to settle in Turkey and be able to prove this with action – for example, by acquiring property
  • Be able to prove that you can support yourself and your family while in Turkey
  • Be able to speak an acceptable level of Turkish – this needs to be formally signed off by the Turkish consulate who will issue a certificate after an interview with the applicant
  • Be of ‘good moral character’
  • Be of general good health, without any diseases that could harm the general population – a medical certificate can be obtained from any hospital.

Honestly dear Ken you question at the end of your reply made me wonder if those agencies just trying to charge me money on registering a company that I even can work in it or there is more and it can actually help.

Although, I don't mind to invest 10,000 TL if it can be any kind of help in the next 5 years.

doesn't that automatically give residence permit to my family ( I mean shouldn't be hard right ?

No. They have to apply for a family residence permit. Each of them.

How much Dollars is "sufficient financial resources" ?

Typically $500 per month in the bank for each month you want to live here. I hear Istanbul is $1,000, but I am not sure.

Do I need to pay any tax or any money for the company in year 2 or 3 ?

I don't know. You would need to ask a lawyer or accountant. Or ask that question in the business or law sections.

The question I asked before, I can have an online job and earn enough money to live a happy life in turkey but since its online and earning is from outside of Turkey, Do I still need Work Permit ? what I do is legal ?

If it is your personal business, I doubt it. They are probably going to want to see some documentation from a company that they are paying you, and not rely on papers you provide. Besides, there is no provision in the work permit laws for freelancers, so I don't know if they would allow that as income if you are working without  a work permit. The law is silent on people who work online making money from outside of Turkey, so I don't know how they would view that for proof of income.

I saw on many website ( Persian/ English ) to apply for Turkish citizenship as a foreigner, you have like 2 options,

• by acquiring property
  • Have lived in Turkey for at least the last five years without interruption – periods of up to six months out of the country are allowed without damaging your residence permit.

Owning property does not entitle anyone to citizenship. There are provisions for property owners to get a residence permit, but they have to meet the qualifications just like everybody else, including proving financial means. Basically the only difference is that instead of a rental contract, you show a title deed.

The second one about the five years is correct. You can apply for citizenship, but it doesn't mean you'll get it. Search the articles section for "citizenship" and you'll find an article on it.

It his highly unlikely that Turkey would grant citizenship to someone just because they own a company.

Let say I have enough money or I can earn enough money online to live in turkey and at the end of year I can proof I have sufficient financial resources to support my family and get the residence permit for year 2,3 to year 5. Is that enough ? is that all I need ? or for example just because I haven't paid any taxes I wont be able to obtain turkish citizenship/passport ?

The only thing you would qualify for is a short-term residence permit, for one year. The financial means proof they ask for is for one year. Read the citizenship article. Citizenship is not determined by whether you pay taxes or not, unless you have evaded paying taxes illegally, and that only because it would be a crime.

Although, I don't mind to invest 10,000 TL if it can be any kind of help in the next 5 years.

Investing money is not a factor in acquiring residence. Generally, you need to prove that you have an address, and have enough money to live on so that you won't be working illegally. There is no need to invest money.

Yes. However, if you plan to live in Istanbul, it may be $1,000 USD because of the cost of living there. I am not sure about this, perhaps another member can verify.

There is such a thing as a "family residence permit," but these are only for the family members of a sponsor who has a regular residence permit or who is a Turkish citizen. To get a family residence permit for family members, the sponsor has to have lived in Turkey for at least one year. And the amount which needs  for the family member to be shown is 50% of the minimum wage in Turkey, rather than the usual amount of money in the bank.

But if you and your wife plan to move to Turkey together, before one of you has lived in Turkey for a year, you would both need short-term residence permits with the required amount of money in the bank for each of you.