English Teaching Jobs in Turkey Without a University Degree

Rate this topic

mynameisbigk6789

I have some knowledge of the Turkish language and I was wondering, are there are any places where you can go teach English in Turkey without a BA, or just with a TOEFL certificate only? I am really looking into finding a way to where I can go and move to my family's native country and get a job there. Will they let you get work permits to get a English Teaching job with just a TOEFL certificate only.

Slightly going off topic here..... but if you have Turkish roots, you might be eligible for citizenship & then there'd be no worry over work permits.  You'd be free to work in whatever field you wanted or whatever you can find.   BUT, of course, you should be aware of the downside to this ...... military obligation !   (But that's a whole new topic). 

I hope you find a suitable solution --- good luck to you! :)

But ultimately even with Turkish nationality for most jobs that pay above the minimum wage you need a Batchelor's' degree or equivalent. There are a lot of unemployed well-qualified young Turks, looking for jobs. You need a High school leaving certificate to be a security guard in a bank for example.

• 1 month later...

Slightly going off topic here..... but if you have Turkish roots, you might be eligible for citizenship & then there'd be no worry over work permits.  You'd be free to work in whatever field you wanted or whatever you can find.   BUT, of course, you should be aware of the downside to this ...... military obligation !   (But that's a whole new topic). 

I hope you find a suitable solution --- good luck to you! :)

Well I am above the military draft age and most likely, I would probably apply for residency versus a Work Visa instead. I was born and raised in the USA but my parents were born in Turkey. I would love to find a way to work in Turkey and teach English, but too bad I don't have a degree. (I stopped going to school a few months back due to emotional burnout and believe it is better for me to get a job and relax from school).