Sign in to follow this  
Alen

It's been 2 months and still no news from Göç İdaresi

Rate this topic

It's been almost 2 months since i sent the documents to Göç İdaresi for renewal of my residency. Yet i still didn't receive anything from them. Is it normal? How can i get information about the process?

*I am living in Istanbul.

It's been 3 weeks for me, no news either.

Folks applying for their first RP in Istanbul are receiving the much awaited SMS from the PTT within a week.

Anybody else has news on that -- especially people renewing their RP?

Mine took more than 90 days and I didn't receive an SMS message. But that was probably because I submitted my renewal package under the old system, and they were transitioning. The person I submitted my package to told me it could take 90 days, and only after that should I inquire about it.

So after 90 days I went to the GDMM office and asked about it. The checked their system, and said it would be a few more days because it was still being processed. I don't think there is any other way to check on it other than going to the GDMM and asking.

And it took just a few more days as they said. As I mentioned I never received an SMS message, just a sticky note on my door saying delivery had been attempted (I wasn't home) and that they would try again the next day. I received it on the next day.

My fiancee called today and they immediately looked into it. The stupid part: I've got missing documents. I wonder when they were planning to tell me? You should try calling if you can, they will probably expedite your RP, or at least give you an update. Be warned that they do not seem to speak English.

Yeah they called me on Wednesday. They were surprised that I was the one who picked up the phone -- they wanted to speak with with someone who could speak on my behalf. When I said I could speak for myself they said "Oh are you in Turkey?" and said that after confirming this they'd be giving an OK to Ankara to issue my RP.

Apparently they messed up thinking I was applying from my home country. Go figure.