Sign in to follow this  
Kimac

US Social Security Payments as Proof of Income for a Residence Permit

Rate this topic

I'd like to confirm whether proof of a regular social-security deposit like this is sufficient for RP purposes?   What is the preferred and less fraught way to establish retirement income?

I receive a military retirement, so I'll explain what I did. A US military retirement is accepted as proof of regular income.

I went online to the Defense Accounting and Finance Service and logged in. From there I navigated to the page about getting a statement of income letter. On the DFAS site it automatically creates it with your name and info when you are signed in. I printed that, and had a notarized translation done of it. This was accepted as proof of regular income.

The letter must state that you receive the income monthly, the amount, and that the payments are continuous for the rest of your life.

I would assume the social security administration would have something similar. But yes, they do accept a US government retirement as regular income, and it saves you from having to put money into a Turkish bank.

Yes Social Security sends you a letter every year indicating the monthly paycheck that you will get and I used it in Lebanon as well as inEgypt as a proof of income , if for some reason a person did not get it or did not ask for it although it comes to you automatically you can log on to the Social Security site and ask them to send you a letter and they will , when I lived outside the USA I got it send to the American Embassy in Lebanon and in Egypt it arrived to my resorts address , when I moved back to the USA it arrived to my address in California and when I moved it arrived to Las Vegas , they kind of follow but you have to update your info at the Socail Security .

Hope this info helps