Sign in to follow this  
cocokh

forced marriage and divorce

Rate this topic

Hi 

I am going to make my story as short as possible.

I just want to ask what do you think of my story.

My bf was born in Cappadocia but spent great amount of time in Antalya and Istanbul. He has traveled the world and now came to US with his family (sister, dad, mom) 2 yrs ago to start a business.

We worked in the same area so we would see each other and he was trying to talk to me for a year but I completely ignored him because he looked like a trouble.

But anyway, a year later, we started dating.I didn't think we would be serious but we did become very serious about each other very soon. And his entire family liked me and I got along very well with them too. 

And we have been together for 7 months now.  I know it is not very long but it has been very intense in a good and bad way.  We of course had arguments because of his crazy jealousy and control problems but we would always talk it out and solved problems. He recently went back to Antalya for a surgery.  And he went to see his best friend who is dying of cancer.  They all got drunk one night and my bf, his best friend, the best friend's girlfriend and her girl friend, I am going to call her girl A, all end up staying a night together in the same house.  Now my bf said he did not do anything to the girl but the next morning 3 brothers and father of girl A came to the house and found my bf and girl A in the living room. Both father and brothers were furious to see girl A with my bf in the same room.  They took her to hospital to see girl A is still a virgin and she was. But because my bf was in the same room as girl A, the father insisted my bf marry his daughter who is girl A.  When he refused, the father kidnapped the dying best friend of my bf. Police were involved but couldn't find the best friend.  Then the family of girl A called my bf and forced to marry girl A so they would release the dying friend. Now the father of girl A is supposedly very powerful in the government and also a mafia.  All of this happened in Antalya. now he came back married and told me there is nothing he can do even though he didnt want to marry her and i was the one he loved.  And he also said he got in touch with a lawyer but seems like there is nothing they could do.  And he doesn't believe in divorce. He said divorce is something that only happens in Istanbul. And because he is from cappadocia and they don't divorce. And he told me to understand why he had to get married and just forget about him. He said his like is over.  And he is going back to turkey soon to bring her.  This is pretty much what he all told me.  Is this even true? Something like this could happen?  He was thinking of our life together and his family was also expecting us to get married.

I would say this sounds something exactly out of  Turkish TV series or you have to give him credit for having a wild imaginary mind to come up with this story. I would not believe him one bit but that is just me. I am sure what happened what his family liked you because they knew you were just temporarily and he had his finance in Turkey. Sorry to have this happened to you but I am glad you only invested in him 7 months and not years. 

Thank you, Monica. He was the one who wanted to move in with me and we did rent a place together.  And I had a good job offer that required me to be out of town for 2 months.  And he didn't want me to go. I wish he told me the truth from the beginning and we could just have been friends. Even now, he kept telling me this is the truth. Just a liar through and through. And you are right it was 7 months not 7 years!

IbrahimAbi,

You are right.  And obviously his whole family was in it, too.  I wish at least one of them had a heart and told me.  Of course he could be lying about this too but when we almost broke up, his father supposedly told him not to let me go!  At the end, he had no balls to tell me the truth regardless of how he was saying how he has balls to say and do anything and not scared of anybody!

So many Turkish families watch soapies & end up believing true life goes like that..... so it was easy for them to weave such an incredible story & dupe you into believing it.  If your bf was serious about wanting only you, he could have found a way to escape that situation.... but now he even wants to bring his new wife to your country -- a wife he supposedly never wanted to marry but was "forced" into it ??? (Haha).

Too bad he couldn't have been straight with you up front & just tell you he wished to end your relationship.  Feel glad it wasn't too much time out of your life & you have learned a valuable lesson from this (about some Turkish men, not all). 

Lots of other fish in the sea -- good luck in finding the right one & get on with your life! smile.png

I would say this sounds something exactly out of  Turkish TV series or you have to give him credit for having a wild imaginary mind to come up with this story. I would not believe him one bit but that is just me. I am sure what happened what his family liked you because they knew you were just temporarily and he had his finance in Turkey. Sorry to have this happened to you but I am glad you only invested in him 7 months and not years. 

Thank you, Monica. He was the one who wanted to move in with me and we did rent a place together.  And I had a good job offer that required me to be out of town for 2 months.  And he didn't want me to go. I wish he told me the truth from the beginning and we could just have been friends. Even now, he kept telling me this is the truth. Just a liar through and through. And you are right it was 7 months not 7 years!

Sounds toIbrahimAbi,

You are right.  And obviously his whole family was in it, too.  I wish at least one of them had a heart and told me.  Of course he could be lying about this too but when we almost broke up, his father supposedly told him not to let me go!  At the end, he had no balls to tell me the truth regardless of how he was saying how he has balls to say and do anything and not scared of anybody!me like he had a girl on either side of the world and enjoyed being with both of you. Story really does not ring true at all.

So many Turkish families watch soapies & end up believing true life goes like that..... so it was easy for them to weave such an incredible story & dupe you into believing it.  If your bf was serious about wanting only you, he could have found a way to escape that situation.... but now he even wants to bring his new wife to your country -- a wife he supposedly never wanted to marry but was "forced" into it ??? (Haha).

Too bad he couldn't have been straight with you up front & just tell you he wished to end your relationship.  Feel glad it wasn't too much time out of your life & you have learned a valuable lesson from this (about some Turkish men, not all). 

Lots of other fish in the sea -- good luck in finding the right one & get on with your life! smile.png

Meral,

You are absolutely right.  Now that I can put all the pieces together, I think he is lying about everything including his marriage.  Instead of orchestrating a big lie, he could just have broken up with me.