Sign in to follow this  
Senin

Going to Turkey and Marry my Fiance

Rate this topic

Hi,

I'm a Filipina (currently living in Philippines) and my Turkish Fiance asked me to go there to marry him and star our life there. What do I need to do or things I need to have? I really need some help here.

The best thing to do is check with the local Turkish consulate or embassy and ask them, since they are the source for the most reliable information. Normally, foreigners can get a visa online to enter Turkey, and stay in Turkey for a total of 90 days in a 180-day period.

These visas can be bought online with a credit card, at www.evisa.gov.tr.

The site is also useful to learn the entry requirements for Turkey. When you first go to the website, it will ask your nationality, where your passport is from. Select Philippines, then proceed. It will then tell you if you can get your visa online, and how long you can stay. It will also tell you if you have to go through a local Turkish embassy or consulate to get a visa.

You don't have to go through the payment process, just enter the initial information and the system will tell you what is required if you can't buy it online.

Hey welcome to the forums.

Things you need to talk to your fiance about:

1.  Residency

Like Ken said you can stay pretty easy for 90 days on a tourist visa, which you can buy online or at the airport when you arrive.  You will need to talk to your fiance about getting a resident permit until you get married.  After your official wedding residency is really easy.  If you don't get a resident permit you will have to go back to the philippines for 180 days and then come back again for another 90 days.  If you are moving to Turkey then a resident permit is your only option.

2.  Wedding Hall

Talk to your fiance about where you will get married.  If your fiance is in the government or has a conservative family the wedding will be rather large, complicated and take time to plan.  Ask him whether he found some good places to marry, or whether he is waiting for you to come to look at them.  You probably won't be married fast, wedding plans take a lot of time here from what I learned.

3.  Culture/Future Plans

Talk with your fiance about what your future plans are in Turkey.  Do you know any Turkish because it is something very important to learn and if you are like me, I find Turkish insanely difficult for some reason.  Ask him about whether you will go to Turkish course, are you going to be a housewife, or will you go to work.  If you have an idea of what your life can be like it will make life a lot easier.  Also ask him if he knows any Philippinos there to make life easy and comfortable...I hope there are some but I have a feeling you will be extra special.

What you need:

1.  Bring every paper in your name.

Any document that can be useful in Turkey I would bring, don't worry about getting anything translated.  All important papers can be useful, including school documents, awards, etc.

2. Bring things from your culture.

You will have an insanely hard time to find Philippino type food here in Turkey, so if you have sauces/spices that are special bring them.  If you use special cooking tools I would bring those two, anything that makes your home a little piece of the Philippines will make you happier.  Yes life will be exciting when you move to Turkey but after sometime you will miss the little things from your home country.

I cannot tell you how important it is to bring some things from your country to Turkey, whether it's house decoration, foods, types of clothing...because I would just pay a lot of money to have maple syrup in my house right now.  I made my home a little bit of American paradise so that when I want to escape the foreign-exotic life of Ankara I have an American home to run to.

If you are living in Ankara I can help you further with details since this city is what I know best.  Can't wait for you to be in Turkey!  They need more people from around the world here!!!  You already have an American friend who is married to a Turk here for help if you want!

Thank you so much for all the help. i already checked the e-Visa. they only allow me to stay for 30 days. Should I tell the Immagration officer the real purpose of my travel in Turkey that I'm going to meet my Fiance and marry him in Turkey. Would they approve my passport and or they will offload me?

My offer is to not tell them, if you give them that intention they will think you can easily stay illegally.  It's also not their business your citizenship, it's the business of the government office.  I think telling them can make more trouble, I mean what good would they do for you if you tell them?  If you easily can get that 30 day tourist visa, I'd say you are a tourist.  Go meet your fiance and you two will have to decide whether you will immediately start resident papers or whether you will have to go back to the Philippines and return to do the resident paper.

There should be no hassle if you have a tourist visa, they aren't like my country (America) about immigrants, all they care about is that no violations are in order and that you have everything they need to allow for entry.  I came to Turkey twice on a tourist visa and then did my resident papers (the second entry I misunderstood re-entry but luckily I knew people to get me out of that situation).

Either way, if you intend to come to Turkey one time and stay, your resident papers will need to be started immediately due to the short time frame.  That resident card is what makes your life easy.

So if you tell the officers: high chance of suspicion, chance to not allow entry, no special good will come from telling them about your fiance since you don't have turkish papers (after your resident card and beyond if you re-enter Turkey then you say I have a fiance)

If you don't tell them: nothing happens, they assume you are a tourist like millions who come to Turkey and you get to be with your fiance.

Can you explain? What do you mean by "contract?" And what would that have to do with marrying your fiance?

If you haven't been banned from entering Turkey, you can get a tourist e-visa. Just go to evisa.gov.tr. Enter your country or origin and your type of passport, and it will tell you if you can get an e-visa. If you want to buy the visa, then you can buy it.

Citizens from some countries can't get an e-visa. If that is the case for you, it will tell you to contact the local Turkish embassy.

Hi ! I have a turkish boyfriend and we planned that I will be the one to visit him this August 2018. My problem is getting a tourist visa. I am a Filipina by the way. Anyone else here had the same situation that might be able to give me some advice of getting a visa ? Thank you. You can email me here [email protected]

...and by the way, what is Certificate of Employment in turkish? My boyfriend can’t totally understand this document. I am trying to explain it is istihdam belgesi? Am I right? Thank you. 

Wanderlust - - You can get Maple Syrup in Turkey - and this is the Turkish translation for the 2 words MAPLE SYRUP - akçaağaç-şurubu - - look at these links please ... (1) https://www.spud.ca/catalogue/productdetails.cfm?LID=1&part=SP302   - and - (2) 

- and -  (3) https://www.amazon.com/Turkey-Hill-Sugarbush-Maple-Syrup/dp/B000EJXRXO  - and you can even buy it in bulk here ... http://www.maplesyrupwholesale.com/buy_maple_syrup.htm

I lived in America for 10 years from the age of 22 to 32 in Washington DC and I agree ... you can't beat breakfast of American pancakes with sloppings of maple syrup on top!  And my favourite food is lobster.  I don't know if they are still going, but they used to have a chain in the States called The Lobster Pot where all the lobsters were soooooo tasty... they would serve them with all the shells off and with a small bowl of melted butter to dip the lobster in mmmmm!  x Angela in Side, Turkey x

There are quite a few Filipinos in Turkey.  Check out these links please ... (1) https://www.internations.org/turkey-expats/filipinos  - and -  (2) http://www.expat.com/en/network/filipino/in/2928-turkey/  - and -  (3) http://www.expat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=19236  - and -  (4) http://www.expatsblog.com/blogs/turkey     And here is how to get a Residency Permit ... https://www.turkeycentral.com/guides/residence-permits/residence-permit-turkey/.  And how to apply for a Work Permit in Turkey ...  https://www.turkeycentral.com/guides/working/work-visas-permits/turkey-work-permit/