Sign in to follow this  
scobbiebhoy

Need to leave the country while waiting for new residence permit.

Rate this topic

Hello everybody,

My marriage visa runs out in mid October and i intend to apply to renue it in early September.(As long as my wife still wants me) smile.png

The problem is that i need to leave the country on the 15th of September.

Has anybody else had to deal with this problem? (not the wife problem)

The Migration Managment site says that there is a 90 day turn around for residence permits....

But if you need to leave the country, then you should apply in person at the Migration Managment office.

So, do i need an electronic apointment like previously or can i just rock up to the office and expect them to process my paperwork.......i know, i know!! smile.png

Please help if you know the process for my situation, also i can't find the phone number for the Istanbul Migration Managment office.

When i googled it, the only link that looked like it had the number would not open! mad2%5B1%5D.gif

Any help given out will be greatly appreciated!!

Sorry, can't help with the visa problem, wife problem soon to be sorted out and I'll be properly single again! :)

Ha Ha,

Good answer Cukurbagli.

Thanks for the welcome on the other page!

I have found the phone number for the Istanbul office. I will ask my wife to phone them early next week to ask about my situation. I will post the results on here for others that may be in the same situation.

As stated on the intro page of the online application ....

" If the foreigner wishes to enter into or exit from the country, it is required for him/her to arrive at Provincial Directorate of Migration Management in person and to have his/her application document for residence permit approved. The document, except for those specified as exempted from fee on the document, shall be carried together with the fee receipts for the entry into or exit from the country."

This means that if you have applied for an extension then the sheet of paper you kept [with your 2 payment receipts] must be stamped by an official at your provincial GOC [DGMM] office.

Hello Ken and REDDERS,

Thanks for the replies.

REDDERS,

thanks for the information.

In the days of the old system, it was necessary for me to leave the country while my application was being processed. This was not a problem, all I needed to do was go to the court building in Bahçelievle and receive a signed and stamped piece of paper from a government official.

During the old system, once I had started the process of renewing my permit, I would keep my passport on my person, so with my passport and court paperwork I could freely leave and enter Turkey.

It seems that under the new system I need to send my original passport along with photocopied pages.

If this is indeed the case, then how could I exit Turkey or enter another country without my passport?

Thank you both for your help.

You do not need to send your passport  -- photocopies will do.

Once you submit your application online you'll be able to print a document with your info, photo, (new) residence permt expiry date. This doc states you have submitted your application and can freely leave and reenter Turkey within 15 days.

Thanks edubongo,

Unfortunately I need to be out of the country for at least 3 possibly 4 weeks when I leave.

So I may go down to the Migration management office when I have my printable info document and find out if there is a way of doing that.

Have you gone through the new process yourself?

If so, did you supply your tax number? Again, if so, did you get a printout from the tax office or is it acceptable for me to just write my number on a piece of paper?