Rate this topic

thanks..found this but now have to find where to get certain documents such as the police report, locally they have no idea, - and the one that declares you have not had social aid from the state in the last 3 years. Any idea?

On 6/12/2015 at 0:21 AM, Jasper said:

thanks..found this but now have to find where to get certain documents such as the police report, locally they have no idea, - and the one that declares you have not had social aid from the state in the last 3 years. Any idea?

Have you read the "stickys" at the top of the Residence Permit Forum?

Start there first and see if you find answers to the rest of  your questions.

Do you speak fluent Turkish? Your profile says your home country is Turkey but yet you need a residence permit?

If you do not speak fluent Turkish you need to find a professional translator or a VERY good Turkish friend to take you through the process of getting the required documents.

The online form says that if you have lived in Turkey on a residence permit for the last 5 years, which you must have if you are apply ing for a LT permit, you get your police record report from the local authorities. That is the local prosecutor's office (Savcılık). They may or may not have one in your town or city.

Kaş Sosyal Yardimlaşma Ve Dayanişma Vakfi is where you get your document showing that you have not received any social aid from Turkish State Institutions. They may or may not have one in your town or city.

the police report is no problem. It's the social aid document. Went to the local SGK office (as told by the DGMM) which is Ortaca for us. There they said (basically) 'you are a foreigner  so you cannot get this aid therefore you do not need a document. It is no problem' However the DGMM may find it a problem.

It would have been useful if the required documents lists were in Turkish and the language you ask for. My Turkish is not quite good enough to explain the English back to Turkish for officials who don't think you need what you are asking for.

Apart from this I found the online system really good and the DGMM staff were really helpful when we went in there to ask a question. Its' just a long trip to make for a quick question.

the police report is no problem. It's the social aid document. Went to the local SGK office (as told by the DGMM) which is Ortaca for us. There they said (basically) 'you are a foreigner  so you cannot get this aid therefore you do not need a document. It is no problem' However the DGMM may find it a problem.

It would have been useful if the required documents lists were in Turkish and the language you ask for. My Turkish is not quite good enough to explain the English back to Turkish for officials who don't think you need what you are asking for.

Apart from this I found the online system really good and the DGMM staff were really helpful when we went in there to ask a question. Its' just a long trip to make for a quick question.

When I went to the online site, I had a choice of Turkish and English, you did not?

The SGK office and Kaş Sosyal Yardimlaşma Ve Dayanişma Vakfi may or may not be in the same office. The latter (bold print) is where you get the letter stating you have not been on social aid.

I strongly suggest you always take an good Turkish translator or close friend who speaks excellent English when you go to these offices, otherwise you may, or probably have, gotten the brush off from the local officials. They are bureaucrats and like those most everywhere they will not often volunteer information, usually not due to mailce but rather benign neglect. "Take at Turk to Lunch and the Ikamet Office" should be a TC slogan for those applying for a residence permit.

Thankx for the link of the e-ikamet, but I want to know how to get an appointment from this site, as I went to that immigration office and they said I have to get an appointment first.  

On 6/19/2015 at 3:22 PM, Ghaith said:

Thankx for the link of the e-ikamet, but I want to know how to get an appointment from this site, as I went to that immigration office and they said I have to get an appointment first.  

1) Click the link to the right of this text:  Residence Permits Forum

2) Read carefully the PINNED documents

3) Follow the instructions.

4) Read this thread from top to bottom, especially post #2: http://www.turkeycentral.com/topic/21683-long-term-permits/?p=97342

5) Stir vigourously around in your head

6) Cook under low heat until all is clear