Sign in to follow this  
treeinstanbul

Application Submitted Online for Renewal

Rate this topic

A few moments ago I managed to submit my online application for renewal (my ikamet expires on the 9th of June).

As I reached and passed the final stage of the process I realized that they changed some of the wording.  No longer do they ask for an original copy of the passport.

After clicking on "I agree to pay blahblah " in a javascript window you a greeted with one more page listing all the support documents you need to include, but not providing any useful details about them, for that you are kindly requested to visit a link at the bottom of the page.  Then you click the continue button and you finally reach the last page.

On this page there are two links, which you cannot use "open in a new tab" for them to load correctly.  Clicking on them will download the documents.   The left link will download the filled in form which you need to send, the link on the right has that paper that serves as proof that you can continue to stay legally in Turkey.  You can also leave with it and a copy of the necessary payment receipts, as long as your residence permit hasn't already expired.

I guess now I need to figure out where to pay these fees.  I wish they include some sort of page in Turkish I could show the correct official so they would know what I needed, I doubt guidance has been given to them anyways and I dread trying to navigate this maze with my minimal turkish.

I'll try to gather those receipts tomorrow and send everything in.  Everything that is "might be requested" I'm sending anyways, so they don't have to bother contacting me again to waste even more money posting it to them.

Good luck to everyone and may god have mercy on all of our souls...

I seem to have found it, from this site: 

"In both cases, the fees for the residence permit and the permit card have to be paid at the local departments of finance, provincial fiscal offices, or to any bank with an agreement with the Ministry of Finance." 

http://www.theguideistanbul.com/news/view/1024/residence-permits-in-istanbul-all-you-need-to-know/

Today i went to Ziraat bank to pay the tax but they told me that i need to pay it in to the Vatan tax office. 

I am also trying to figure out about the health insurance extension. My insurance is ending after 50 days. If i extend it for 1 year now, it will end 50 days before my residence permit. I asked to the insurance office if it's possible to renew it for 14 months but they it's not possible. 

I feel like it's going to be a problem. They specifically wrote in the site that i need to have an insurance which covers to whole extension time.  glare.gif

I went to IsBank, they told me they could pay the 55TL fee for the permit but that I should try the same tax office I went to last year for the other fee since their system does not support payment in any currency other than TL and they had no item for it.  They also mentioned that if for whatever reason these receipts were not accepted there was no way to get the money back.

The documents do indeed ask for insurance for the whole duration, as I have only three weeks left on mine so I went to get the policy so I could complete my application.

At this point I don't care if it ends earlier, because I can't go through this sh*t one more time.

I paid at the tax office in eminonu. 

first I tried ziraat bank, they sent us to the tax office in sisane who upon arrival told us to go to the main office in eminonu. 

you should tell them yourself how much the fees are (the ones at the end of your application procedure). there is obviously not some sort of central system where they can see how much should be paid. 

anyway, I just got back from arranging all of this and it's on it's way through the mail now. 

At this point I don't care if it ends earlier, because I can't go through this sh*t one more time.

same here, I have never experienced this much incompetence from a governmental organisation in my life. it's embarrassing really. 

no. not in the renewal page at least. 

I just sent along the documents I got from my previous appointment with all the rest of the documents, just to be sure. 

KabaSakal hey. 

I went to Vatan today. They told me that they can't accept foreign currency. So i had to change it to TL and pay them like that.

Did you do it the same way?

KabaSakal, treeinstanbul: when making your application in the new system, was there a field for you to put your appointment number in the old system?

No, there was no option for that in my renewal form.

I posted earlier about paying part of the fee at the bank.  I advise people against this.  The tax office (for those in Kadikoy, the office is in Bostanci near the metro exit) is the best place to do it.  I had to pay the fee again since the teller used the wrong code at the bank.  

Why the correct codes for payment weren't given on our print up is yet another oversight.

I've collected everything necessary.  It looks like we don't have to submit our older residence card with the application.  Do others have this no longer listed as a required document for renewal or did they changed the wording yet again?

KabaSakal hey. 

I went to Vatan today. They told me that they can't accept foreign currency. So i had to change it to TL and pay them like that.

Did you do it the same way?

yes. got 2 receipts, one for 55 lira and one for 200 something lira (the 80 USD i was supposed to pay). 

Why the correct codes for payment weren't given on our print up is yet another oversight.

amazing new system isn't it? 

It looks like we don't have to submit our older residence card with the application.  Do others have this no longer listed as a required document for renewal or did they changed the wording yet again?

yeah funny that you mention this. Initially I did put my old residence permit in the envelope, even though it was not in the list of documents. I checked some different websites and it never mentioned anywhere to include it. you'd think they would mention it as it's kind of a big deal. I decided to just keep it  and took it out of the envelope, I did include a copy of the permit though. (a copy i initially made to keep myself). 

we'll see what happens. If they really want it I can always drop it off, though I will murder someone out of frustration on the way there though. wink.png

Kabasakal,

Two questions,

I am also trying to figure out about the health insurance extension. My insurance is ending after 50 days. If i extend it for 1 year now, it will end 50 days before my residence permit. I asked to the insurance office if it's possible to renew it for 14 months but they it's not possible. 

I feel like it's going to be a problem. They specifically wrote in the site that i need to have an insurance which covers to whole extension time.

Do you have the same problem? 

+

I took a receipt from my bank for showing my financial situation. Do you think it's enough? Do i need to send my payroll?

hey alen. 

health insurance:

I have health insurance in the netherlands, which is valid here in turkey because of bilateral social agreements. all I had to do was mail my insurance company and they mailed me the policy in Turkish. in the netherlands health insurances only last a year though and get automatically renewed, so it does not cover the whole year I applied for. but it's also not possible/ilegal to NOT have health insurance in the Netherlands, I hope they're aware of this. probably they're not... I'll just see what happens in the next few weeks.  

money: 

I just copied a receipt I got from my bank. I am self employed so I don't have a payroll to show even. It should be enough I think. 

in the end everybody that has to take care of this at the moment is super stressed out but lets not forget this is Turkey and chances are they are not even going to read all the papers fully. they just check if the papers are there, I doubt they will inspect every little detail, especially since they will get a f**k tonne of applications in now and their system is obviously not working fully yet.

Also we are renewing, and if we didnt get in trouble the past years I don't think they'll care as much as say a new residence permit application from iraq or syria or something. you catch my drift? 

this is all guess work though and based on me living in turkey for the past 2 years and seeing how things are usually done here. 

for clarity here is a screenshot of the page you'll see after you've made a renewal appointment. it does not include anything about sending in your old residence permit. if they forgot to add this this would be a tremendous oversight on their part.

AxMwJaD.png

iG03Dpt.png

I guess I'll find out in the coming weeks, not much I can do about it at the moment either. 

We tried calling to the offices (in ankara and istanbul) multiple times to ask about this  but nobody is picking up. which is ridiculous as well. 

By the way i just realized that i forgot to write my e-mail adress at the application. Wondering if they are going to send notifications about the process by SMS. 

@kabasakal,

I am about to submit my documents and don't want to include the old ikament and don't see any evidence of it being necessary. Did you ever hear back about it? How did the rest of your application process go? 

@kabasakal,

I am about to submit my documents and don't want to include the old ikament and don't see any evidence of it being necessary. Did you ever hear back about it? How did the rest of your application process go? 

Thanks smile.png

I included copies of my old ikamet (the blue booklet), all the pages that had info on them (4 or so I remember). 

besides having to wait in line for 4 hours because a document was missing (my fault) everything went sort of smoothly. 

once everything was done I actually got my new ikamet in the mail in about 2 weeks. 

i'm not sure if it is required, when I went there to deliver a missing paper the guy that handled my application did want to see my old ikamet, he didn't keep it though. 

better safe than sorry

I literally waited in line for 4 hours just to deliver that missing paper, I wouldn't wish it on you to have to go through the same just to deliver some copies of your old ikamet. 

I have health insurance in the Netherlands which is valid here. had to get some special policy documents from my insurance company in the netherlands, which I did, and included. 

turns out you have to bring those to the SGK office too and get some stamps and signatures 

Turkey has some healthcare agreements with a few countries (like 15 or something) so I don't imagine a lot of people will run into this problem :) 

just to be sure here's what I sent in: 

- passphotos 
- copy of old ikamet 
- (turkish) bank statement
- proof of health insurance
- proof of accommodation 
- the documents filled in through the application program 
- original receipts from the tax office 

that was it I think, from the top of my head. 

@kabasakal,

Thanks smile.png

They not only asked for my old blue book Ikamet, they kept it. I would take it with me.

Did you see this: http://www.turkeycentral.com/topic/21417-residence-permit-procedure-antalya-1322015/#entry97649

Hi all,

New problem arose when filling out the renewal application yesterday.

I wonder if anyone else has seen a F'ed-up form when they download the PDF? Me and my girlfriend both got the same error in the PDF document (and only there) where we had selected "Other". But hey, we'll sign it and send it in anyway.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5vrzubdd1a90ach/2015-BasvuruFormu%20cens.pdf?dl=0

If you got an appointment online then make sure all your paperwork is in very good order. They should be able to straighten it out at the foreigner's office.

Mark each separate required document with a colored tab with the name of the document clearly written on it in Turkish. The official will appreciate your organising the documents neatly. Make sure you have copies of everything. Take more photos than they ask for.  Be polite, smile all the time, do not show anger nor frustration at any time. Take an offer of tea if it is offered even if you hate Turkish tea. Did I mention being polite? When you are finished thank each and every person who assisted you no matter how surly they may have been. Especially give a warm smile and thank you to the helpful officials. Did I mention being polite?

Take along a professional translator or a very good Turkish friend who speaks very good English.

The Antalya office has an official translator who works in the bureau and many of the officials speak some English. However, do not ASSUME that will be the case when you arrive wherever your location happens to be. Often getting in the door and past the information (danişma) booth/desk is the most important part of the process. Many of those folks do not speak English or may not let you know if they do.