Sign in to follow this  
Floodle50

Tasucu to Alanya from Girne Ferry

Rate this topic

We are English living Cyprus with our 2 UK (first registered) GS BMWs now registered in Greek Cyprus. We will be taking them from the north of the island (Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus, which we have insurance for) by ferry into Turkey and require fully comprehensive insurance for them for Turkey. Do the Turks provide fully comprehensive insurance?

Also can some one recommend a good hotel for overnights in Tasucu and Alanya?

Can you help or provide any suggestions as to how we can insure them? UK companies will not due to being in Cyprus.

There are many good pensions in Tasucu. Head for the harbour (not the port, it is about 3 km). You will not have a problem finding a room. The ferry is fine. We took it last July, but you can not rely on it leaving within 3 hours of stated time, it will wait to fill up with trucks.

The road to Alanya will take you much longer than you think but is generally good. It will be easier to overtake on bikes than in cars. You can get 3rd party insurance at the port on arrival but I doubt that you can get fully comp for foreign vehicles (short term) anywhere in Turkey. I hope that this helps.

Try the Moonlight Hotel in Alanya. It's in the eastern part of the city. You can find it in HostelWorld. I stay there when I'm in Alanya, I think it's around 40 TL per night, breakfast included. Very clean, nice hotel. While it has the price of a pension, it is more like a hotel. It's in a very pleasant part of town (rather than downtown) with lots of nice restaurants nearby.

One thing they do though, is charge 10 TL for the internet. So if you're going to be online, send them an e-mail and ask them to waive the extra internet fee, they probably will.

I am living just 10 km away from Tasucu. I can help you out about your accommodation in fact you can stay with me if you like or I can arrange a hotel for you around here.