Sign in to follow this  
eruza

Aidat?

Rate this topic

How much is your aidat? In my building we have an elevator (shared electric bill for hall lights and elevator), shared heating bill, cold water bill, and garbage collection, but as I've posted many times I have no idea if I'm being ripped off. If I know how much others pay I can at least get an idea if it's anywhere near normal.

Aidat in Turkey is btw 15tl to 200tl especially if the apartment has a pool then u will have to pay like 150tl or 200tl. If u think u are being ripped off then try get close to one of ur neighbour after few days u can ask how much he or she pays. Goodluck

We live in a simple middle class apartment, it's not luxury by any means, and no pool. Only thing is there is an elevator, but that is to be expected with about 8 floors. Our aidat is so much higher than you said is normal, it started at around 100TL during last summer when we moved in and reached 500TL this winter. Now they have added 300TL in addition for 'roof repairs' for the next several months, I've see no repairmen. It's like 800TL which is insane right? So, if I tell them I will no longer pay until I see what I'm paying for, it should be expected right? I'm not wrong to I say I need proof or no more aidat? Can they threaten me in a legal sense, and if they do how can I respond? Is the law on my side? Could they sue me or anything? I have a feeling they won't be forthcoming because I have a feeling they've been ripping me off.

Just stop paying the aidat until you get a breakdown of what you are paying for, and tell them you are no longer paying for it. Best thing you can do is move out why are you staying in a bad situation, it seems to be bothering you alot. Are you renting, how come you have to pay for roof repairs, speak to your landlord.

I must say that your aidat sounds way too much. Speak to your neighbours to find out what they are paying as I believe, from what you said in another post, that you speak good Turkish.

I'm in a building with 25 apartments with an elevator. We share the electric bill for the hallway lights, maintenance for the garden, and an occasional cleaning of the stairwell. Water and individual electricity bills are paid by each tenant. No trash pickup. I pay 25 TL per month here in Antalya city center.

I once lived in an apartment which had a coal furnace and shared heat from that before. Sometime around October or November they were going to fire up the furnace and needed to buy coal, so I had to share the cost of the coal with the other tenants. I don't recall how much it was, but it wasn't anything unreasonable.

The roofing bill should be paid by the owner(s) of the apartment and not by the renters. They could conceivably pay for the repairs and raise your rent later, but you should not be paying for the roof repairs at all.

I'd politely ask to see an aydat receipt from another tenant, so you can actually see what they're paying instead of relying on what they tell you. Or ask to see the apartment manager's record of monthly payments before you pay the next aydat payment.

My kapici fee is 90TL which I think is too much. They just keep the stairs clean (not very clean if you ask me) and take out the garbage (we take ours out ourselves). Then we share electric heating and water between 17 apartments, no matter how many occupants they have. And the bill is always rounded to the nearest 50, to save for building repairs. But now there is a big repair to the roof and it is coming out of the rent, so my landlord is responsible for paying it. Then why am I responsible for the other 'repair fund'? I proposed that emergency repairs be done and then tenants should be charged the next month, he didn't like that idea. He would only agree to show me the bills, but I'm positive this is a rip off. I offered to do a free service for the building by dividing the bills exactly and fairly for the water (according to number of adults, 2 children would be like 1 adult I think), natural gas and electric in the building, he refused my offer. I have to pay for my own water heater, and aygaz for cooking, so how do I know if other renovated apartments aren't hooked up with the shared gas bill for their cooking and hot water? Does anyone have any advice on this system that's in place, that is a normal everyday thing in Turkey's older apartment buildings, and how to make it somewhat fair?  

When people say aidat is p to 200TL is this true when the water ad gas bills are shared by 17 flats?

Maybe a better question I should ask here is how much do you all pay for utilities in total?

In particular gas, water, electric, aidat, internet = ?

I'm on the road right now but I do have my electric bill. It's 210 TL. I have three split air conditioners/heaters though so that bill is high. My monthly water bill I don't have but it's usually around 15 TL. Internet I think is around 40 TL. Aidat is 25 TL.