FranciscoSalido

Still waiting for residence permit card to be delivered by PTT

Rate this topic

Hi all. I had my appointment on March 26th in Istanbul and still no word from ptt. When I check online it just says application in progress. Is there any way to check the progress? I am getting very anxious...

@Mahmood Unfortunately I received my card and even though I previously had a two year residence, and for this renewal I applied for a two-year residence and bought two-year insurance, I was issued only with a one year visa. I guess this confirms that GOC is no longer issuing more than ONE year short-term residency.

@Ken Grubb yes Ken indeed, that was in Istanbul

@Yc551 Timings are different depending on location. You should contact the GOC call center and ask them. Their number is 157 and they operate in many languages and 24/7.

Well, at least you got a year. For a while there (and maybe still), they were only giving first-time STRPs for five months or so. Anyway, you can apply for another year when the time comes.

@Yc551 Regarding the progress of the residence permits, I would imagine it is somewhere in the Ankara DGMM, in a crate with hundreds of other applications, or on someone's desk waiting to be looked over. At least they are now sending a message which says if it has been evaluated positively, that's a welcome development.

As of November 2018, many GOC offices are starting to apply the following Non Property owners, (i.e. tenants and taahhutname holders):

Europeans and Canada and USA will get 1 year making a first application, renewals can be up to 2 years. Non property owners (i.e. tenants & taahhutname holders) from Middle East and Asian countries will get 6 months residence for first applications and renewals will be a maximum of 1 year.

Only property owners may get offered two years residency for first applications and renewals.

Hi All

JUST ONE QUESTION 

2019-**-******* nolu ikamet izni talebiniz olumlu degerlendirilmistir. Your residence permit request 2019-**-******* numbered has been evaluated positively. B001

THE MESSAGE ABOVE IT MEAN THAT MY RESIDANCE PERMIT IS APPROVED or not??? 

Please advise 

Yes, it has been approved. Next, the DGMM will print the card and give it to the postal service (PTT). When the PTT gets it, they will send you an SMS to tell you that they have it and that they will be delivering it. The message will have a barcode number that you can use to check the status of the delivery.

I saw in a previous topic that someone got the same message from one of the Istanbul offices. It then took 30 days before the card was printed and given to the PTT, and the PTT sent them the message. So you should get the message from the PTT in 30 days or so.

Hi alamari,

I am wondering if you got the 2 years RP as you applied or only one year as all others in Istanbul.

It is really hard work to apply every year, you can not even enjoy your time.

Appreciate your answer.