FranciscoSalido

Still waiting for residence permit card to be delivered by PTT

Rate this topic

Herkese merhaba:

I am living in Istanbul and applied on 9th January, but I still didnt receive it my residence permit card by mailpost. I now about the up-to-90 days "rule" but I am starting to feell I bit concerned.. is there anyway I could know the status of my delivery?? it would be any help if I ask in my PTT ofice?? what do you think??

Thanks in advance!!!

From what I have learned, here in this forum, the first place to go is the local PTT office. Go there with the paper they gave you when you submitted your application and show it to them. If they can't give you an answer or they haven't received it, go to the local foreigners' bureau and do the same thing. At one place or the other, you should get an answer.

After you do this, would you please reply, and let us know what happened? It will probably help someone else in the same situation later.

I applied for mine in early March. The next week (yes I mean the following week!!!!!) I got a text message from PTT with a tracking number saying it had been dispatched. You can then put that number into PTT website and track it as it moves. I received my ikamet 11 days after applying. I'm not even joking. Must be a record or something. Have you received any text message?

Friends of mine have either found there's at the local PTT or back at the police station you applied at

thank you all.. unfortunately I never got a text from PTT.. but luckily I got the card today at last.. By some misterious reason it was at the local police station.. PTT Kargo left it there saying they couldn't find the adresseek%5B1%5D.gif  (????) and I had no notification whatsoever so I could know there was a problem, and the polis memuru told me they were going to send it back to Ankara in a few days!!! eek%5B1%5D.gif everything's allright on the end tough!!! kicking%5B1%5D.gif

Wow. I am glad you finally found it. I hope we were of help.

I just applied for my residence permit renewal here in Antalya. The person at the foreigners' bureau said that it would take up to 90 days to get it delivered. But I talked to member Curkurbagli about this, and he told me that he had a friend who just recently got his residence permit back in two weeks. It shouldn't matter where you are, since they all go to Ankara anyway.

Thanks for the good news, Francisco!

And thanks Redders, I'll update the residence permit articles with that link.

The reason that some folk don't get the text is that altho' we all take great care to put our full & correct address on the application form,the Polis in Ankara don't always seem to be able to copy it onto a sticky label to place on the returning envelope,so the local PTT cannot deliver it to you. Hence it sits in a PTT office for around a week before being sent to the office where you put in your application.

Some RP's are being returned in less that a week after being submitted,some take over a month....no rhyme nor reason given for this...  :-(

thank you everyone!!!! kicking%5B1%5D.gif

By the way, another isssue is haunting me for a couple of nights.  what about  Address registration?? I know if you change your address you need to register it in the new Nüfus Mudurlugu.. i guess my address is already registered in the system since this is my first application and already communicate my address, right?? or am I assuming too much??

When I first went to the Nufüs to register my address, I found that it was already registered. So apparently there is something automatic to it, however you really should check to make sure.

On ‎4‎/‎1‎/‎2015 at 1:53 AM, REDDERS said:

The reason that some folk don't get the text is that altho' we all take great care to put our full & correct address on the application form,the Polis in Ankara don't always seem to be able to copy it onto a sticky label to place on the returning envelope,so the local PTT cannot deliver it to you. Hence it sits in a PTT office for around a week before being sent to the office where you put in your application.

Some RP's are being returned in less that a week after being submitted,some take over a month....no rhyme nor reason given for this...  :-(

My first day in Turkey...1 Mar 2007...the first thing my Turkish co-worker said to me after it took me an excessive amount of time to clear customs/immigration was "Welcome to Turkey/Hos geldiniz Turkiye"...that saying has stuck w/me throughout the years.  If I'm ever bewildered by anything odd in Turkey....that's my go-to phrase (or "This is Turkey").  ha ha.

Even the Turks say that: "Burası Türkiye!" When you first get here, it frustrates you that things don't go as planned. Then you get used to it. Then you kind of get to like it. Then, when nothing goes wrong, you think something must be wrong.

I had to visit the local Mukhtar's office recently, the job took about 3 minutes but then we made pleasantries. I was not surprised to see him light up a cigarette, even though there were 5 people in the office. Burası Türkiye

HI TO WHOEVER THAT CAN HELP ME   , I've applied for a new RP in '''Turkey , Istanbul'' and i still didn't get it yet, when i gave them the DOC. they told me that wait for a message and that's it.. well! I've been waited for so long like 3 weeks maybe and i still didn't get anything, is there anyway I could know the status of my delivery..... :beerchug:

Three weeks isn't enough time. I live in Antalya where the process is faster than Istanbul, and it took me five weeks to get the message saying they had delivered it. So rest easy, your application is probably still in a pile on someone's desk in Ankara.

Hi Alex, go back to the online RP application site,click on the type of RP you applied for then on that screen,click the 3rd box 
''i would like to see the result of...''....... & insert the details asked for. This will confirm if your application is actually in progress or 'not found'.The pic. below is regarding a renewal,but the same i you click on 1st application. 
If 'in progress' then you just has to wait for the text from the PTT stating the RP card has been dispatched from Ankara...this can be anything from 2 weeks to 90 days max to receive.

If 'not found'then it would seem your application may have been rejected.

3 boxes & result.jpg

Hi guys, I just received a text two days ago which says "Your residence permit request 2019-********** numbered has been evaluated positively. B001" I would be really grateful if you can give me an idea of how long it will take to receive the permit?

Thank you

Thank you for your reply. I submitted my documents on 5th April 2019 but two days ago I received this text. I'd like to know how long usually takes after this text to receive the residence permit card at my address? Thanks

To have that information you would have to ask the specific person in Ankara who is handling your residence permit, and still it would vary according to that person's workload. Since it's been evaluated positively, it would just be a matter of printing the card (which would be another queue it has to wait in, then it has to be packaged and addressed, then taken to the PTT for mailng. When the PTT gets it, the PTT will send you an SMS to let you know that they have received it.

The normal time, as Redders said above, is 90 days (often a lot less... it's around 40 days in Antalya) from the appointment to the card delivery. But it sounds like you are asking for a timeframe which begins with something which happens in Ankara, and how long the above steps take, in Ankara. So nobody is going to have that information except for the Ankara office. You can call the 157 helpline and ask them, but I doubt even they would even know, they would be guessing as much as we would. It's worth a try, though.

Mahmood,forget when you submitted your documents, you have to work from when you received the text as that will be around the time your application was accepted  & i stand by my last comment.

Mahmoud just wanted to let you know that I received my approval SMS on exactly one month ago, and yesterday I received the PTT SMS saying that my card is on its way. So you can expect one month waiting time between approval and card dispatch. I'm just eager to know if they gave me two years like I applied or just one year. It's a shame we can't check such information online (not even through e-devlet). Good luck to all.