ID card for my baby

Rate this topic

As many of you know im married to a Turkish national and we have a baby together. He was born in the UK and was registered here as a British Citizen, however my question is this. I want him to have a Turkish ID card, his fathers name is on his birth certificate, does anyone know if its possible for him to have one? Thanks in advance

He wouldn't be a Turkish national though would he because he was born in England and that's stated on his Birth certificate plus he will have a British passport. So surely he would be dual nationality, he would only be a Turkish citizen. Correct me if im wrong.

Colette, even though your son was born in the UK, he is already a Turkish citizen by virtue of having a Turkish father.  To get a Turkish ID Card (= Kimlik), you just need to register him & he will be a Turkish citizen. 

What Cayaholic has said is correct -- your son will have military obligation when he comes of age (unless the laws are changed in the meantime), and neither British birth nor British passport will exempt him from that, so please think through this carefully.......... is there any reason you want him to have a kimlik at this stage (especially if you are living in Turkey)?

Of course, if you are living in the UK and don't register him at the Consulate, and he doesn't come to Turkey (especailly once he comes of age), then he may not be called up.

Good luck ! :)

Turkey is more likely to have child friendly environments than your country.

Agreed

Turkey is a young country while the UK is very aged.

Turkey is a young country while the UK is very aged.

The UK is an infant compared to Turkish civilization - if you mean the Turkish Republic then you are correct

Healthcare system is still much better here compared to what you have there.

Only if you can afford it

These are good reasons to be a Turkish citizen.

There are both good and bad reasons

1) Turkey is more likely to have child friendly environments than your country. Turkey is a young country while the UK is very aged.

2) Healthcare system is still much better here compared to what you have there. 

These are good reasons to be a Turkish citizen. 

I really couldn't agree less. In the UK there are so many facilities for children - great libraries, parent and toddler groups, sure start centres, free nursery places, cheap council swimming pools and wonderful free museums with special events for children. I see very little evidence of such things in Turkey apart from expensive sessions for the middle/upper classes.

Government health care in Turkey is nowhere near as good as the NHS. Private is a different matter of course.  

Don't really understand what any of that had to do with my question. I wasn't asking whether the healthcare system is better or if it is a more child friendly environment so please can you either answer the question or stay out of it. And I agree with you cayaholic England is much better and if it is that sh*t to live here then why are so many of you desperate to get in to our country to live? And I would actually say England is more modern than Turkey because at least we are part of Europe!

As many of you know im married to a Turkish national and we have a baby together. He was born in the UK and was registered here as a British Citizen, however my question is this. I want him to have a Turkish ID card, his fathers name is on his birth certificate, does anyone know if its possible for him to have one? Thanks in advance

Take all your documents to the immigration section of your police station and it will be processed. They will guide you accordingly. There will be some running around from building to building to get it sorted. My little one got hers within 4 months, she was born abroad too.