Sign in to follow this  
Danielleaubreyx

First time RP & Opening bank account

Rate this topic

Hi wondering if anyone could help!

As far as I have been told when I show my funds for reisdence they must be in a turkish bank... I will be showing savings as my means of support, is there any specific way about transferring my money from my UK bank to Turkish bank account? Or can I actually show my money in my UK bank then put in my Turkish one?

Thanks!

(Will be applying in september for my new life in Kusadasi!!!)

Hi wondering if anyone could help!

As far as I have been told when I show my funds for reisdence they must be in a turkish bank... I will be showing savings as my means of support, is there any specific way about transferring my money from my UK bank to Turkish bank account? Or can I actually show my money in my UK bank then put in my Turkish one?

My understanding is that it MUST be in a Turkish bank. You will open an account in your name and then instruct your UK bank to transfer the money between your UK and Turkish banks. Ask your UK bank manager for details.

Hello, 

One who wants to show his/her financial support before RP Authorities, should deposit TRY currency to a Turkish bank account no. 

With respect to the exchange rate, there is not any definite place which always gives the best rate. You can sometimes get the best rate from an Exchange Office in the middle of downtown, sometimes Bank's offer would work out for you. So, the best way is to look around for the offers, but for sure bank is much more reliable when it comes to the counterfeit money. Thus, I personnally suggest proceed with the Bank unless there is a significant difference between Exchange Office and Bank's offer.

Good luck,

Best,  

Hello, 

One who wants to show his/her financial support before RP Authorities, should deposit TRY currency to a Turkish bank account no. 

What does this mean?

Yes, the best rate is to change your money in Istanbul, but stay away from changes in the turistic area like taksim or sultanahmet ... i suggest you the changes in aksaray or sirinevler ...there i always find the best rate really the official rates that you can find here: http://www.fxstreet.it/technical-studies/currencies/usdtry/  ...and of course go straight to the bank to deposit your money ... don't take too much money with while walking in istanbul

Try the bank where you have your account. Many high street exchange offices are giving much lower rates at the moment as it's winter and they have less customers so make up the loss by giving lower rates. Your bank is always your best bet.

Would it be better to exchange the money into lira when I get there? Where is the best place to change it...at the exchange bureau or at the bank where I open an account? Where gives the best exchange rate?

Most banks have foreign currency accounts that you can open, Dollars, GBP, and Euro are the most common.