Jump to content

fiancée or tourist visa?

Rate this topic


Recommended Posts

Good day!

Pardon me if the question was given in the past.

I have been scouring the net trying to look for a page which could enlighten me of detailed information and some led me here. I am a Filipina and planning to move to Turkey for good. Anyways, my Turkish boyfriend and I are in a long-distance-relationship for almost a year now. He asked me to visit Turkey in a tourist visa so we could get married in his country. I am honestly so puzzled of the idea. Is there no way that I can get a fiancee visa instead? Applying for a tourist requires big money and more effort. In addition, Turkish embassy in the Philippines is very strict in requirements compliance. Don't get me wrong, we both have stable jobs and even if he gave me guarantees, I am still not confident of it. I already checked the e-visa, unfortunately, not applicable in my country. I would like to get more alternative before going to the embassy. Please help me out :-(

Link to comment

Hello Ercan & welcome to TurkeyCentral.
As far as my information, there is no such a visa called "fiancee visa". As, an alternative, have your BF come to your country, get married in your country, apply for a Spouse visa from the Turkish embassy in your country.


Otherwise, you can also apply for a Student visa via any school in Turkey and get your confirmation paper from the school then apply to a status visa.

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...