Sign in to follow this  
roamingllama

Registering a mobile phone with AVEA

Rate this topic

I was wondering if any of you have successfully registered a foreign phone with Avea. I have paid the tax, got my entry document from the foreigners police but I can't find an Avea shop that is able to do the registration. I've been to several shops and they all tell me to try a different branch because they are "not authorized to do it". It seems that not all the branches can do this procedure. 

I have even tried going to Turkcell - there is a branch in Istiklal where they do registrations – but they can only register mobiles with a Turkcell sim card.

Do you know of any Avea branch that can do the registration? Thanks for your help!

Sorry, I misunderstood your question earlier and thought you just needed to register a phone (didn't see you said foreign). You will need to buy a phone in Turkey that complies with the Turkish laws or it won't work, and since you already have a SIM card from Avea you will be able to register it with them at the Sisli branch. Also, I have a phone that I can sell you for 100TL.

Yes, I guess this shop in the region provides REGISTRATION FOR FREE ..and it's , of course, a foreigner phone.

Now the question, is it applicable for a period up than 1 year, so , for example , they will not block it and you have to pay amounts of money ? For Quality/Price AVEA is the best one ? 

Thank you, 

It's the same with TurkCell. You can only do the registration at one of their main stores where they have the system available.

Now the question, is it applicable for a period up than 1 year, so , for example , they will not block it and you have to pay amounts of money ? For Quality/Price AVEA is the best one ? 

The registration is permanent. You only pay the tax and register it once. The tax and registration are just a means to track who owns these foreign mobile phones, and to collect a tax on foreign phones from individuals who come in to Turkey without paying any import taxes.

I don't know which is the best. I checked both of their websites, and it seems both have basically the same coverage. Each has their own deals as well, so you would have to check their websites and decide for yourself:

TurkCell
Avea

For more information see:

Registering a Mobile Phone in Turkey