Separation and Property problem

Katyirir

Hope someone might have some answers for me.

I'm currently in UK and have sold a property

I owned with husband. We agreed mutually on the split of sale.

I am now going to be moving to Turkey with our children while he stays in the UK. At present this is a separation between with no plans to divorce at present.

My question is though if divorce happened is it possible he can make a claim in the future on property I buy in Turkey even though we agreed who had what in regards to money.

Is there an official form I can get him to sign that acceptable to stop him doing this.

Thanks

Dear Katyirir,

Welcome to our forum. I am a Turkish lawyer trying to help my forum friends with their legal problems.

If you wish to move and buy a property in Turkey, you may mutually make a prenuptial agreement in a Turkish notary. In Turkey, prenuptial agreements can be made between two people who are about to marry and/or within their marriage setting out the terms of possession of assets, treatment of future earnings,control of the property of each, and potential division if the marriage is later dissolved.

Regards,

Av. Merve Balin