Sign in to follow this  
DioraAsathoja

Can Canadian College graduate find a decent job in Turkey?

Rate this topic

Hello everyone,

It is amazing that such forum exists smile.png

I am a female canadian citizen who has spent 5 years in Turkey (2005-2009).

Oh how I miss that country...

I am about to graduate from Community college, I will have a Business management diploma.

I was just given the opportunity to go to The Netherlands as an intern, and work at Hanze University for 5 months as an international student adviser. I will be going there from March till September this year.

Here in Canada, I do the same thing, I am an administrative assistant - student assistant for international students at my college.

I speak 4 languages fluently (well, almost smile.png ) including Turkish, English, Russian and Uzbek.

Since I will be graduating, I want to have international opportunity to enhance my international background even more.

I thought Turkey would be the best place to do that, since I know the language and familiar with the culture.

I was researching online, and few ideas popped up smile.png

Universities such as Bahcesehir and Fatih, that have a humongous International department could really use me smile.png I could be the best fit for international student assistant position over there. Well, I really do think so because of my language skills and job experience background.

Even if not... There should be some firms I can work at with my business post secondary education and language skills.

What do you guys suggest? All opinions are appreciated smile.png

I am a female canadian citizen who has spent 5 years in Turkey (2005-2009).

Wow that's a long time, and you can speak Turkish, well that's a good advantage. Try applying for jobs online and registering with employment agencies like Addecco and Micheal Page.

You wrote "Universities such as Bahcesehir and Fatih, that have a humongous International department could really use me . I could be the best fit for international student assistant position over there."

Write directly to the universities in which you are interested.