Sign in to follow this  
Salma19

Best/safest place Istanbul

Rate this topic

Hi, 

I would give the following recommendations based on the fact that they probably have more of a population who could understand English/are used to seeing foreigners. Of course anywhere in Istanbul you have to use common sense and no place is 100% safe. Also it is hard to give recommendations without any knowledge of what you want price wise. 

Yesilkoy/Bakirkoy - they are both nice modern areas and close to the airport, but rental prices can be high because of this. 

Besiktas - a lot of tourists stay here 

Etiler - expensive but hosts a lot of foreign students because of its proximity to Bogazici Univerisity. 

Avcilar is also close to the airport but you may not bump into a lot of foreigners. The plus side is that it would have cheaper rents compared to the others and it is connected to the metrobus line.

living in Istanbul don't means living near taksim unless you like to live in the chaos....anyway to go to taksim from Beylikduzu there is the 145t bus express ... It takes 45 minutes for 4,30 Turkish lira ... This is how is far from what you call the center, but in my opinion the center of Istanbul is not good to live .... Only to visit sometimes

I lived in Zekeriaköy in Sarıyer for a while, there are a lot of foreigners there due to the British school. The rents tend to be on the high side but as you did not mention the currency may be within reach.