Advice and Tips About Long-term Rentals in Alanya, Turkey

Rate this topic

Jools22

I am considering looking for a long term rental property preferably in Oba, Alanya. I was wondering if anyone can offer me any advice regarding this, I have so many questions and I'm not sure where to begin.  How much should I expect to pay for a 2 bed furnished place? What additional costs am I likely to incur? Is Oba more expensive than nearer to Alanya centre? Can I allow family and friends to stay there when I am not there? Where should I begin to look for properties i.e., private rentals or estate agents etc.?  I am hoping to come over in February to start looking, and I want to come prepared.

Give this guide a look:

How much should I expect to pay for a 2 bed furnished place? What additional costs am I likely to incur?

You can learn the prices on the property websites listed near the bottom of the guide.  One additional cost might be "aydat," which is a monthly charge for general building maintenance. It can be anywhere from 20 TL to 100 or so TL per month, it's more expensive if you have a full-time building superintendent (called a kapıcı), or things like security or a pool.

is Oba more expensive than nearer to Alanya centre?

This I don't know.

Can I allow family and friends to stay there when I am not there?

Usually this is no problem. But to be sure ask your landlord to add this to the contract.

Where should I begin to look for properties, i.e. private rentals or estate agents etc.?

This is covered in the article, but if you have any questions feel free to post them in this topic.

I am hoping to come over in February to start looking and want to come prepared.

I'd certainly like to read about your experiences entering Turkey and living in Alanya! :) I live in nearby Antalya by the way.