Sign in to follow this  
Yasinta

New Residency Permit application starting 1 Jan 2015

Rate this topic

I heard that there will be new residency permit application starting from 01 January 2015. The application has to be done in Turkish Embassy or Turkish Consulate. Any other information about document required, time consuming, etc - will be appreciated. 

Thank you

Yasinta

Afraid I don't have the answer for you, but if you read this forum and its various links, even when seemingly irrelevant, you can begin to get a reasonable sense of the situation.

In sum, and open to other interpretations, for a tourist RP you should be able to apply and get it in-country in a fairly straightforward manner.  

The one potential problem looming is the need for a criminal history check going into 2015.  If you've been living in Turkey, no sweat, as it'll be done locally.  If you need it from your home country this may present a real problem, possibly entailing your acquiring it in-person there (as is the case for US citizens).  The wisdom here is that this requirement is one the bureaucracy may well back-track on, since it is so onerous.  But, until it does get straightened-out, it could present a problem going into 2015.

The only criminal checks mentioned for obtaining an RP are for those wishing to apply for the soon to be available LifeTime Residency, No mention has ever been made by the DGMM for this requirement for the 1 year RP application.

I may have gotten things all screwed up here...

Last week applied (?) for "tourist" RP, with the issue of gaining proof of my application so I can leave Turkey still outstanding, but on another thread.

But, this business with Criminal History Check seems to loom....or, have I applied for the wrong visa?

1) The title of the requirements form they gave, is "Kısa dönem ikamet izni in istenilen belgeler," which seems appropriate for my 1-year application. 

Still, 

2) I'm in Eskişehir, which is hardly Istanbul, but they required proof of $1000.

3) The CHCheck was listed in the requirements, but ignored when I didn't have it.  (On another thread here, I thought I saw it mentioned that this req went into effect Jan 15, which would explain that).

Here's that requirement as they gave it to me (this issue I've put on the CHC thread):

"İstenilmesi halinde ülkesinden vatandaşi olduğu veya yasal olarak ikamet ettiği ülkenin yetkili makamları tarafından düzenlenmiş adli sicil kaydını gösteren belgeyi sunmak"

All the other requirements are as expected.