all I want is a haircut

Rate this topic

Why is it so hard to get a haircut?

For the last five years I have been trying to get a simple regular haircut. Just an ordinary regular cut. No buffon quiffs. I have tried eight places, all unsuccessfully. One time the children in the creche started laughing as soon as they saw my with my new cut, it was so bad. So much for saatler olsun. I found one guy who was all right. ı went to him a few times. Then he got an assistant in who paid more attention to massaging my head and shoulders than he did to cutting properly. Another place gave me an assistant who could not hold the scissors properly. Most recently I went to quite a posh place and was quite satisfied with the cut, although he seemed so disappointed that I refused his offer of a quiff (do I look like a premier league footballer?), but I went back this morning and the place was no longer there!

What do I have to dooo?

I have been getting funny haircuts since I came to Turkey. Every haircut is a whole new experience for me. Every time before they cut my hair I had been imagining, yet they never ceased to shock me. By far I've got prisoner haircut, Bruce Lee haircut, 70s playboy haircut, Neymar haircut, etc.  I don't know if it's because they are so eager to try something new on my head or because Turkish haircut doesn't fit my Chinese head. My haircut simply looks funny.

My friend suggested a device, which you might be able to find on amazon. It's called DIY Hair Clipper. I haven't tried yet but I am hoping it can save me out of this misery. 

I have the same issue, my haircuts are either a hit or a miss. Sometimes I show them what I want done from the magazines they have there and I hardly ever get the same thing. Funny thing is when I lived in London, my favourite hairdresser was a Turkish lady in Haringey lol

It's so wierd though because most of the young girls & the guys especially, their hair styles look so polished sometimes

Oh yes we get the same problem in the UK , I used to say the same thing ; all i want is a haircut . British barbers are not so good in my opinion Turkish men generally dont really like their style and the way they cut. They dont wash our hair because there is no tap and a sink and no treatment , they finish within 5 minutes then next please . ( I am talking about typical British barbers not Unisex hair dressers or Ladies hair dressers)

I always try to find a Turkish barber  if not an Italian barber would do, i think Turkish barbers are the best. Maybe you should try to find a British barber .  By the way it is sıhhatler olsun not saatler smile.png 

Good luck with your search.  

i just don't cut my hair but once every 10 years. problem solved  =]

though i do feel your pain. i got my decennial haircut two years ago, had to get it done twice because the jackass who did it the first time thought he was putting on a performance art show or something, all flare and no skill. went to the jandarma kamp with the ex after that and for 2TL got a great cut and no flash. i may never get it cut again....

By the way it is sıhhatler olsun not saatler smile.png 

Good luck with your search.  

This is an interesting one. The use of saatler olsun seems to have taken over from the original sıhhatler in popular use. Google "saatler olsun" and you get 300,000 hits, but only 17,000 for sıhhatler. Of course, saatler olsun after a shower or haircut does not make much sense (I used to imagine someone emerging from the shower covered in clocks), sıhhatler is slightly more logical as it means health (from Arabic or Persian), not that contact with water or a barber is really a risk to health.

But I am still searching for a decent barber, can noone help?