Sign in to follow this  
wekirk

Residency Renewal New Requirements at Izmir Office

Rate this topic

Hi All,

We have just renewed our residency at the office in Izmir and thought we'd share the information with you all.

Over 65 year olds :

Go to the same police department in Izmir as before, the new Yabanci office is directly in front of you on the ground floor. Go early.....!!!!

Complete application forms x 2 and get your number.

Produce the following documents (note we have listed them all but you may or may not be asked for them):

Passport and copy of details and last entry into Turkey

Old IQUAMET

TAPU or rental agreement and photocopy

Letter from Cesme Nufus office showing your address and residence.

Bank account details showing funds - 11000.00TL per year note of joint account you will need to show 22000.00TL as it is assumed each person has half of the amount on the account. You can produce either your bank account book and copy or a computer print out that has been stamped and verified by the bank but either need to be recent. If it is a joint account and only one name appears ask the bank to write the 2nd persons name on and stamp/sign it.

3 passport photos

180TL for the 1 year residence fee and 50TL for the new residence card.

Also have some loose coins to pay the local photocopy man as you'll be asked to copy your receipts once you have paid your money.

Under 65 year olds:

Need all of the above AND health insurance or SGK. You will need to have your SGK latest print out from the office in Ilica. This needs to be verified and signed if this is not done then you have to do it in Izmir at the Konak SGK Office and is a pain in the a**e. During this process for married couples you may need to produce your notarised marriage certificate as the payment made by one of you covers both of you. The verification wording on the SGK document is quite lengthy and specific for more details about this contact me. 05417897589

Your passport will be returned to you. If you intend to travel during the 3 month period it takes to process your application ask for a letter to show your application is in process, you can then travel for 15 days only. You also need to have both of your payment receipts with you when you travel.

Your new residence document will be delivered to your house, make sure your address is correct.

Note this has been our experience this week but things keep changing.......!!

Good luck

Well done Tortoise, thanks for posting the info.

So how long does this permit last and what is the cost and are their any additional benefits to it?

I heard you can apply for a longer residence, like 8 years, anyone know anything about that?

Hi gentlebreeze, the permit lasts for 1 year and costs 180TL + 50TL for the new card that replaces your old IQUAMA book. It seems as though there is no 8 year residence as we had thought from earlier news, you may be able to get a longer permit in the future but this will depend on you having the means for the duration you apply for i.e. 11000.00TL per person per year in your Turkish bank account. This does not even seem available at the moment.

The 8 year requirement comes in when you want to apply for a long term Residence Permit, you need to have held a residence permit for 8 years and can then apply for a permanent RP.

There are hopes that it might be available later this year, but don't hold your breath!

I have had citizenship since 2007.

I think the new long-term (lifetime) residence permit is for me rather than citizenship. Tortoise, I have read on various Facebook pages that people are receiving the long-term residence permit, in Marmaris, I think it was.

I think the new long-term (lifetime) residence permit is for me rather than citizenship. Tortoise, I have read on various Facebook pages that people are receiving the long-term residence permit, in Marmaris, I think it was.

Hi Ken,the latest news i have is that the Polis have been taking applications in Marmaris,but no Lifetime cards have yet been issued by Ankara. One person from my site paid hundreds of lira 3 months ago for a lifetime RP,only to receive a 1 year card,which i told them all along,that is all they would get.

They are now in the process of trying to get a refund for in excess of 300tl.

Hi everyone!

I have a question, hope to find an answer in here...

I've been living in Izmir for 3 years, my husband is teaching at university, I don't work but got my RP as a depended and spouse. So, we all know what happened with new rules and regulations for workers at educational institutions, my husband filled out some kind of form from YOK, he paid fee for work permit at the tax office, then he paid separate for RP again at the tax office. 

So my question is, since I couldn't extend my RP, I left the country before expiration, I'm planning to fly back to Izmir soon, so can I enter the country after one month? Or do I have to stay in my home country for 3-6 months? Can I just fly in as a tourist and then extend or get new RP based on my husbands work permit?

May sound complicated, but would appreciate any advice!

Thanks

I've been living in Izmir for 3 years, my husband is teaching at university, I don't work but got my RP as a depended and spouse. So, we all know what happened with new rules and regulations for workers at educational institutions, my husband filled out some kind of form from YOK, he paid fee for work permit at the tax office, then he paid separate for RP again at the tax office. 

So my question is, since I couldn't extend my RP, I left the country before expiration, I'm planning to fly back to Izmir soon, so can I enter the country after one month? Or do I have to stay in my home country for 3-6 months? Can I just fly in as a tourist and then extend or get new RP based on my husbands work permit?

Unless something drastic has changed, the answer is yes, you should be able to get a 90/180 tourist visa and then apply for your RP.  That being said however, you should ask your husband to take along a Turkish friend or translator and ask the local foreigner's office that question to be certain. He should not go by himself, regardless of how well he speaks Turkish or they speak English.