Car Crash in Gallipoli Turkey

Rate this topic

Hi There, We are taking part in a charity drive from London to Mongolia and have been involved in a pretty bad crash just out of Gallipoli. All three of us are ok but the car got hit on the side by a bus going 100+kph and we are pretty sure it is totaled. We are all from Australia and the car is registered in the UK. I guess we are just seeking suggestions or assistance regarding import taxes etc if the car is not drivable otherwise ways in which we can get it out of the country as to avoid paying hefty import taxes? Also, we bought insurance on the boarder but we are not sure if it is comprehensive or 3rd party only. The car itself is worth less than 600GBP as it was only ment to get us to mongolia but it now has upwards of 5000 in damages! We speak no turkish. Any help would be much appreciated!  Thankyou

Harry

Hi Harry,

Sorry to hear about your accident. good that no one is hurt though. the insurance at the border would be traffic only (third party in the UK). were the police called?

I would contact the turkish touring club for advice on what to do with the car

http://www.turing.org.tr/

as far as I am aware you are allowed to hand the car over to customs

maybe others have better advice