Sign in to follow this  
eruza

Birth Certificates

Rate this topic

My daughter was just born in Turkey and does anyone know if it is normal that the birth certificate only has my name on it? In the U.S. we include the baby's name and the father's name, but not in Turkey?

True. It does not look like a real birth certificate. I would have liked my daughter to have a real one like I do and a kimlik is not the same. Anyway, how can Turkey not have them since it's a very important document? Sometimes I have used it when I had no other valid Id in order to get a state Id for example, also to get a SS card. I mean this could make life hard in the future for her and I'm worried. Also, it is just nice to have one. 

Turks don't have Birth Certifcates, just thier Kimlik ID. When my husband took Residence in my country, immigration asked for his Birth Certifcate with the application but there was none, Posted Image  so his family sent a document from the hospital records where he was born. I think that's what you have.

Maybe she can have one. When she gets citizenship from your country she might get a birth certificate, with both your names and her place of birth will be listed as Turkey. My country does it like that for foreign babies or minors, check with your Embassy. A birth certificate is really a birth record for the government as proof that you exist. In Turkey births are registered with the Population Registry Office of the city district registry, so the child will get thier Kimlik ID.