Sign in to follow this  
MohamedNoor

Move to Turkey and start new business

Rate this topic

Hello Posted Image

I know there is a lot of topics talking about almost the same thing but i prefer to create a new one to get in touch with the member and maybe I take a better advice.

Actually I'm planning to move to Turkey next month, and my company will open a new office in Turkey for Software Developers, at the beginning we will be a 3 persons, we don't care too much about the local business for the beginning but after a year maybe we will start to work with Turkish customers.

The main question what is the better place for us, our salaries from 900$ to 1300$, including the apartment rent, we need a place the cheap but also comes with good options as schools, hospitals ...etc.

we are now thinking in 2 main cities:

1. Izmir

2. Mersin

could you please share with me some advises and please take in consideration our salaries Posted Image

Thank you in advance.

I assume your salaries are per month. If you're asking about the cost of living, try www.numbeo.com. You can compare the costs of living for both cities there.

Their rent prices are for inside city center and outside city center, but typically in Turkish cities there are neighborhoods in or very near city center where the rent prices are lower.

I assume your salaries are per month. If you're asking about the cost of living, try www.numbeo.com. You can compare the costs of living for both cities there.

Their rent prices are for inside city center and outside city center, but typically in Turkish cities there are neighborhoods in or very near city center where the rent prices are lower.

Thank you Ken for your replay.

Yes it's per month, but i have a question for you, i read some where in this forum that you live in Izmir  before you move to Antalya, would you please suggest to me some nice places close to the sea but not too much touristic places?

Thank you in advance 

I hadn't heard of numbeo.com before Ken, thanks.  It's interesting to see the cost of living difference between Los Angeles and Antalya - eye opening

Posted Image

i read some where in this forum that you live in Izmir  before you move to Antalya, would you please suggest to me some nice places close to the sea but not too much touristic places?

Have a read through some of the topics in the Izmir forum, I've written quite a lot about Izmir there in various topics and I'm pretty sure I've already answered any questions you might have in those topics. :)

Mersin is incredibly cheap I think in comparison to other cities in Turkey.  I am surprised at the differences in rent from places like Istanbul, Ankara or even Adana.  Yes use numbeo.com.  I have referenced in my blog a few times, it is pretty close with numbers.