Tahir Ure turkish love rat, Beach House Cafe Bodrum

Rate this topic

Tahir Ure - turkish love rat, gigolo. He is 34, lives in Bodrum.

Married on english woman, have a dauther. I met him last year in hotel Ambrosia in Bitez.

Now he works in gumbet in Beach House Cafe. He always told me that he is in love with me that will live together all our lives.

But then he start to ask me for money. First his father past away, then his brother comes to prison, then he had to pay big borrow to his bank.

Yes i was in love and i was stuped and i belived in all that stories, and gave him money.

After six month of dating i realized that i'm not the only girl whom he talked about his love.

He had a lot of girls and he tell to all of them about his love. And i asked him to back me my money.

Tahir Ure told me to get out of his life, he started threaten my family, he told me that he can kill my mother.

Also he asked his friends in my city to threaten me. So i had to ask for help in hotel where i met this guy.

After it Tahir was fired from Ambrosia hotel. After all that story he wanted to stay ok with me.

He asked me to marry him, but he told me that he is already married and i have to pay for his devorce paipers.

He is hiding that he has a wife and a dauther from his lovers.

I told him that i lost my job and cant pay for his devorse or give him more money, after that he finished our relationship.

So be carefull, he is a rat. He is usual turkish gigolo who want from u just money, money, money.

This is getting rediculous! Every few weeks there's another thread about some guy swindling women in the touristic areas ... imagine every guy doing this scam for years' to a multitude of women!

I think Ladies need to boycott ALL MEN in the touristic areas to minimise the risk of getting scammed. Just as you get Travel warnings about safety etc, this should be an ALERT, because it's clearly a popular Scam native to the touristic areas.

As a foreigner this makes me feel dumb & ashamed, these guys must all think foreign women are easy pickings. Posted Image

Excuse me TugbaSenturk, but no where in her post does Alex say this man was from the east of Turkey. I can understand that wour advice for women to keep away from men in tourist areas is well-intentioned, but I am less sure about the reason for your prejudice about men from the east of Turkey.

Thanks Tater Tot. I know of this stereotype. I also know that many Turks believe ALL people in the east of the country are Kurds, and that ALL Kurds are bad. I come from a country where discrimination based on race, ethnicity, religion or gender is not acceotable, so I find comments like this offensive. They don't help Alex and simply fuel uninformed prejudices.

This is getting rediculous! Every few weeks there's another thread about some guy swindling women in the touristic areas ... imagine every guy doing this scam for years' to a multitude of women!

I think Ladies need to boycott ALL MEN in the touristic areas to minimise the risk of getting scammed. Just as you get Travel warnings about safety etc, this should be an ALERT, because it's clearly a popular Scam native to the touristic areas.

As a foreigner this makes me feel dumb & ashamed, these guys must all think foreign women are easy pickings. Posted Image

Perhaps it is because far too many of them are? There are literally thousands of ALERTS every year all over the web, in newspapers and on forums such as this one and it seems we only hear about these sad incidents AFTER they happen. Before I travel somewhere I try to find out something about it.

I also wonder if the women who are preyed upon would allow the same behaviour from men in their home country??? If they do, then they may need professional help, if they do not, then perhaps they could tell us why they drop their guard and their reasoning when in a foreign country?

Excuse me TugbaSenturk, but no where in her post does Alex say this man was from the east of Turkey. I can understand that wour advice for women to keep away from men in tourist areas is well-intentioned, but I am less sure about the reason for your prejudice about men from the east of Turkey.

Dear Goreme 1990,

Yes, Alex did not say this man was from east part but unfortunately, I know the reason :

Im working in a travel agency as manager since 2005 and I always get this kind of complaints from our european colleagues... the same story - the same result! when I search and try to find person who is imposter, I always learn that they are from east part... 

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

It really gets to me when people say to avoid men from touristic areas. Of course you are far more likely to find a scammer or love rat there. They have the opportunity to be introduced to European women there. You believe they are all in the touristic areas because that where we travel to. We don't meet the scammers in other areas... But I think you'll find that a lot of the online dating scammers are actually from very westrenised city areas.

Why do women turn off their heads when it comes to these men? If you wouldn't accept something form a man in your own country, it's because you know that it's wrong... so why do you accept it from a turkish man?? I understand that these men have ways of making you feel special, but when you know that they have a reputation, it doesn't take a genius to realise that you should practice caution...

My husband has never asked anyhting of me in the time that I have known him and despite looking out for every warning sign possible, he has never given me a reason to doubt him. He has never asked me for money (for himself or his family), I have never found out anything about him that he didn't already tell me, he wasn't already married, I have access to all of his accounts, facebook, email, telephone, twitter, etc. I have met all of his family from both Turkey and Germany. Yes he has joined me in England so you could say that he was just trying to get a visa from me... But even since we married he has always treated me with the utmost of love and respect. As soon as he was able to work, he went out and got himself a job and he works long hours, just to provide for us. I have never been made to feel more loved and confident in myself. And guess what.... I met him in BODRUM!

Please ladies. Act with caution. I hate to see these stories because I hate that men prey on women's emotions and scam them or become somebody they weren't and begin controlling them, etc. And nobody hates it more than my husband. Whilst he was working in Bodrum (after I met him), I was contacted several times by a chef from the hotel that he worked at. Out of politeness I replied and asked Tugrul if he knew him. He didn't, but when he found out that he told me he "loved me" after never meeting me and despite me saying that I have a boyfriend, he confronted him. He warned him and told him to stop playing games. Again he messaged me, but he'd changed his name and all of his pictures on his profile. Only because I hadn't deleted my message history was it that I knew it was him. I didn't tell my husband as I didn't want him to do anything silly and lose his job.... But sure enough, one of Tugrul's friends (a guest at the hotel) told Tugrul that this new named guy had contacted his girlfriend too.... Tugrul immediately called me, made me tell him everything that he had said and send him the messages. He marched up to the hotel managers office with his chief and the guy was immediately dismissed. No pay for that month, no notice to serve and absolutely no job for next season and no reference.... It's harsh, but it meant that he wasn't in a position to prey on English women....

I guess the moral of the story is to not lose your heads. If it seems off colour, it probably is. And if you wouldn't accept any behaviour from a man in your own country, do NOT accept it from a Turkish man.

Turkey isn't the only place it happens. It just very popular destination at the moment. Have you not heard of the greasy italian waitor or the slimy spanish barman? Do you wantch Benidor? Turkey is not the only place where this sort of thing happens. They are just the people that everyone draws attention to at the moment. A friend of my family was conned out of thousands by a Morrocan man.... and it even happens in England, America, Germany! It happens everywhere so please don't tar all men with the same brush. It's biased! I would say to any woman meeting any man, from anywhere, act with caution and protect yourself. It's what we do in our own countries so we should do it with anyone else. A cultural difference is not an excuse to be treated badly or asked for money...

Goreme- I understand.  Prejudging someone due to stereotypes is wrong.  Then again, stereotypes are there for a reason- because many times, it's true.  Case in point with the OP.  But ash's husband is the exception, and he shouldn't be pigeonholed due to that fact.

As a hijabi woman, I have instantly become victim to many stereotypes.  I had decided to keep hijab in the US as an opportunity to dispel them.

You'll never be able to argue someone out of their way of thinking when it comes to prejudice- that's because it's not logical.  The best way to fight it is to listen, set examples, and not be shy about it.