Sign in to follow this  
teeitup

Government Contractor Jobs in Turkey

Rate this topic

I was at Incirlik 2001-2002. Do you know any of the U.S. Contractors that might be at Izmir & Incirlik. I do remember VBR was there. I'm working civil service now and it seems almost impossible to get back there (job wise). I know there is SOFA agreement, but do military retirees living in Turkey have a chance getting civil service jobs there. My wife and I are getting tired of the states.

VBR is still there. Also in Izmir. Their website is http://www.vbr-turkey-spain.com/, and they do advertise jobs for American nationals there and they definitely hire military retirees. I retired and worked for them myself in Izmir back in 1999. For civil service, check out https://www.usajobs.gov/, that's where all of the worldwide civil service jobs are. They do have government service jobs at Incirlik and Izmir too.  Unfortunately there aren't many, but I wish you luck in your job search!

The laws currently require someone to live in Turkey with a residence permit for six months before they can apply for a job. VBR might be able to pull some strings though. Typically you would get the job lined up first, apply for a work visa in the States or in whatever country you're living in, while your employer makes an application for you in Turkey. Then you get a work visa and travel to Turkey, then get a work permit in Turkey.