Church or house groups in Marmaris

Rate this topic

Can anyone please help me I am coming to Marmaris for 3 weeks and would like to find a English speaking church (which after googling still cant find) or a group where they meet in their homes as I believe there was a fellowship but the leader went back to the states and they are no longer active as a church.  Would welcome any help.  Thank you 

Unfortunately I don't know the answer to your question. But I recommend that you search for some of the Marmaris local forums, or perhaps ask around while you are in Marmaris. Marmaris is a BIG expat place and there must be some opportunities for Christian worship there. I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help.

If you do find some Christian organizations there, would you please post them here for others who might be looking for the same thing later? And if they have a website of some kind, I'll add it to our links section.

Hi Ken, thank you for replying and yes I gathered from information when looking for a church that there are a lot of ex-pats and many expressed a need for a church, which made me think perhaps they may be gathering like the original church in homes, so hopefully will meet up with some of them and will definitely post here.  Once again many thanks

Email back from the liveaboards guru, as follows..................."Unfortunately, the closest Christian church is in Fethiye. It used to be in Marmaris but alas it did not have enough following to meet the expenses of the church... There are, of course, of churches in Istanbul and Ankara. FYI, there is a newsletter/paper for foreigners, in English, Fethiye called "Land of Lights" that has all kinds of news. see http://cruisingtips.net/mbc/?p=5381And, I would recommend your friends (or whoever it is to subscribe (for free) to the Marmaris Bay Cruisers.. .http://cruisingtips.net/mbc/ since has loads of information... "