Dates of My Flights To and From Turkey Will Cause an Overstay, Any Solutions?

Rate this topic

I should be staying in Istanbul for 107 days.

At least my plane tickets say so. I booked before informing and since I needed to stay that much. Now I see that's a problem and it doesn't seem worth going through all the RP procedure for such a short overstay (just 17 days).

I find it difficult to find clear information (government's website is the worst situation I believe) and probably is a common thing in this matters, but procedures look long and difficult, not to mention expensive..

The easiest solution might appear to go on a 17 days trip to Greek Island or Thessaloniki, at least one wouldn't use money and time in burocracy but in relax.. Although it would have been useful to me, to stay all those 107 days, but well..

Isn't there a shorter permit than the usual 3 or 6 months ones, the expenses of which seem worthless to take for such a short overstay?

Isn't there a shorter permit than the usual 3 or 6 months ones, the expenses of which seem worthless to take for such a short overstay?

Unfortunately, there isn't. I have never heard of an extension on a visa and from what I hear, they don't exist.  You would have to leave before your 90 days is up, and you would not be able to return until another 90 days has passed. You can only stay in Turkey for 90 days in any 180 day period.

The easiest solution might appear to go on a 17 days trip to Greek Island or Thessaloniki, at least one wouldn't use money and time in burocracy but in relax.

If you did that, wouldn't you have to re-enter Turkey to take your flight back home? Unfortunately they wouldn't let you back in to the country if you have already stayed 90 days on a tourist visa within the previous 180 days.

About the only thing you could do, I think, would be to change your flight ticket. If you overstayed, there would be a fine, and I don't know what that is, but it would probably be several hundred lira, and it would be illegal to do that.

The only thing I could suggest is contact a Turkish embassy or consulate, I think it is doubtful they would make an exception, but you never know.

Thanks a lot for the answers!

About going to Greece and coming back I was thinking about going.. I don't know at the middle of my period and stay out for 17 days to then come back (it would be for instance 30 days Turkey - 17 Greece - and back for 60 days) would it work this way?

I thought about emailing a consulate office or something but I wouldn't know to what email address write!!!

Thanks Bye!!!

Your tourist visa will allow you to come and go, to and from Turkey, for 180 days. You will not be able to stay legally in Turkey for more than 90 days within that 180-day period. So if you come to Turkey for 30 days, then leave, then come back and stay for another 60 days, you'll be okay, because the total amount of days you stay in Turkey won't exceed 90 days in that 80-day period. 

Great idea by the way. If I was in your situation I'd do the same thing, that is, see Greece and Turkey. You have a good problem.