Rate this topic

This website now seems to have even more information (it reason for being, I gather).  Wish I could read Turkish.  I'm wondering what specifically is required of foreign insurance coverage to meet Turkish standards.  The announcements "crawl" seems to be speaking to this.

Found this on Istanbul Yabancilar Sube Mudurlugu website (http://yabancilar.iem.gov.tr/duyurular.html):

]11 NİSAN 2014 TARİHİNDE YÜRÜRLÜĞE GİREN 6458 SAYILI YABANCILAR VE ULUSLARARASI KORUMA KANUNU ÇERÇEVESİNDE(KISA SÜRELİ VE AİLE İKAMET İZNİ) İÇİN İSTENEN SİGORTA POLİÇELERİ AŞAĞIDA BELİRTİLEN ŞARTLARA UYGUN OLMASI GEREKMEKTEDİR.

10364012_10152874466114202_6888219161172

Hi guys, thanks for this forum topic, these informations are being really helpfull.

i really need help in this one.

I arrived in istanbul 20 days ago, and i have got almost all the papers to apply for my RP.

2 questions:

I live in kurtulus (sisli), so my registration of residence is in Sisli. But i am not being able to make an online appointment for sisli unit (its all the time fulll and I would have to wait more than 2 months for the appointment), so, can i apply in another unit (saryer for example), where there are vacant slots? Or do i necessarily have to go to where my residence is registered?

Another issue: I lived in istanbul in 2007. And on that time i had a residence permit which expired in the beginning of 2008 . Seven years later im back here and i will be requesting a new RP. But it confuses me when its asked if it is "first application". Is my first application or somehow a renewal of the old one that hed before?

From what I was reading from another member's post (unfortunately I can't find it), you're supposed to make the application at the foreigner's office which serves the place where you live. But it said nothing about if there were no appointments available. What I would do in your case is go to the Sisli office and ask in person, and also get the name of the person who gives you the answer. That is really the only way you can be sure.

For your second question, you should put "first application," because with a first application, you are getting a completely new residence permit and not just updating the paperwork. It is not a renewal. There should be a place on the form where they ask if you have been in Turkey before, so you can also explain that you were a resident of Turkey from 2007-2008.