Sign in to follow this  
GIsotta

Moving to and Working in Turkey...?

Rate this topic

Hi everyone! I would love to have some honest feedbacks from turkish people.

I live and work in Norway, but for personal reasons I found myself into the decision to move live and work to Turkey, to Dalaman to be precise.

Now, I read several things about that, but the main doubt is, how hard can that be?

I have worked for like ten years in logistic and transport companies, my language skills are pretty extended (italian, english, norwegian, german, french, spain), so I am wondering if is that hard to find works not in turistical contexts. I know it´s gonna be hard, but more than technical informations right now I would better appreciate to know how the working/economical situation is.

Thanks a lot :)

Getting a job out of tourism without knowing Turkish can be quite mission impossible. But you seemed to be talented language learner, so why not to start studying Turkish right away? :)

You might want to have a look at some of the articles in the Working in Turkey section as well as other forum posts. In the articles section there is an article about finding a job which has lots of links to employment websites in Turkey. You can have a look at those and see what they're hiring people for. I think that even if the economy isn't all that great, it doesn't mean you can't find a job. It depends on whether a Turk can fill the job or not in many cases, or if the employer already hires enough Turks to qualify to hire a foreign employee. And of course, what they need.

Well, you know half a dozen languages with logistics experience. That's impressive.

If I were you, I would work for an oil company in UAE or US, make a lot of money (maybe millions) in 5 years and then move to Turkey as a rich person :)

Of course you can find job(s) here, even the jobs matching your experience for instance big logistics companies or holdings but salaries and working hours/conditions in Turkey will not satisfy you.

Here you've read a feedback from a Turk.