Sign in to follow this  
Ster

Future New expat at Mersin

Hi,

I'm French, I will come to live to Içel probably at July, my husband work there now. I'm seeking informations to find job, and to make links.

I'will get a Master degree in Industrial and Organizational Psychology (in Jun), I'm thinking to work as french teacher, or nanny for foreigners' families (I've experiences as Nanny).

I can talk French of course, English and I'm improving my Turkish. I know Spanish but I didn't practice for a moment.

What do you think about my project, have you ideas or advise.

I'will enjoy to meet English or French people at my coming.

Thanks,

Ster.

Hello Ster and welcome to Turkey Central. I just discovered this forum recently, and it is the most helpful forum I have found. I am not in Mersin yet, but I am planning to move there in May.

I do not know about the prospects for teaching French, but perhaps someone on this forum will be able to advise you. As far as being a nanny, from what I understand you could have some difficulty getting a work permit because it is a job that a Turkish citizen can do. Maybe you can be hired as a native French teacher/nanny? :)

Good luck with your upcoming move,

Ellen

Bonjour Ster

and welcome to Turkey Central! I think for the beginning is the choice "teacher" never wrong and with the time you can have the mix with nanny.

Tunay

Thank you Ellen and Tunay for your answer and your opinion. I will continu to seek and hope :)

I hope too to help other expat if I can, by participating on this forum.

Esther.

Hi Esther,

I have been working in Mersin since Feb 26th. I cam here tthrough an organization called AIESEC for a short term internship. I can ask around for you from my network. :) But teacher sounds a reasonable thing to do here at first. I think many students would want to learn a different language here.

Cheers and good luck.

Hi Rouch,

Welcome in Mersin, I hope your intership is nice. What do you do exactly?

I'm not yet at Mersin. I will maybe come around july (not sure), but thank you for your opinion. I will contact you if I come befor your leave. 

How many time will you stay?

BR.

hi,

as an expat in Mersin, your choices are usually limited to the following:

1. Teaching language

2. IT professionals

3. Medical Doctors

4. Translation

5. Tourism

I think teaching is a good idea, however there are no international schools in Mersin, but there are some very good Turkish ones that teaches foreign languages ,like TED and ODTU. 

Sam...

Actually not so much to be honest. lol

The work is so tedious- given that we are only three people in the office, and people here (the ones around me atleast) are very boring. No one wants to do anything.

But yea,,anyway.

Hi guys,

Myself and my fiancee live here in Mersin. I work here and my fiancee is busy bringing up our 11 month old and preparing for no2 arriving in sept. Were both English and would love to meet other ex-pats. Neither of us bite and would love to hear from you.

Dan and Heidi

0532 3970016

Hi guys,

Myself and my fiancee live here in Mersin. I work here and my fiancee is busy bringing up our 11 month old and preparing for no2 arriving in sept. Were both English and would love to meet other ex-pats. Neither of us bite and would love to hear from you.

Dan and Heidi

0532 3970016

Hello and welcome to Mersin. I sent you PM.