Sign in to follow this  
jojobest69

Shipping from the UK to Turkey

Rate this topic

Hi,

I wonder if yuo can help me please?

I have heard someone say that you cannot ship to Turkey in Jiffy Bags - does anyone know if this is true?

If so; if you have a link to a page supporting this I would be very grateful.

Regards

Jo

Well I have received items in Jiffy Bags. What kind of things are you sending and where from?

Hi, it is electrical components, from UK to Turkey. Shipping to businesses not individual users.

Boxes are more expensive and I have noticed that we are only shipping in boxes - using loads of air packaging or foam to fill the void in the box.

Assuming that the components are safe and secure and there are no commercial rules to the contrary I can't see why you would not be allowed to use Jiffy bags. The only possible reason I can think of is that Turkish Customs might have an objection, can't see why though. Some of the items I have received have been from commercial senders. Might be worth making enquiries at the Turkish Chamber of Commerce just to be sure though.

What are jiffy bags? Thanks people. Do you think i will have to pay tax? All tje appliances in the burger van are gas. And i dont plan to keep my burher van in turkey i will be moveing it to kurdistan hopefully. Last time i had a problem with mu carvan they kept me waiting for hours just because i was going to kurdistan

From experience, I don't think the problem is the bags, it's what's inside. As long as it's not dangerous, there shouldn't be a problem. It would be most likely taxed, depending on the value..

I think so, It is what's inside.

Hi, I wonder if yuo can help me please? I have heard someone say that you cannot ship to Turkey in Jiffy Bags - does anyone know if this is true? If so; if you have a link to a page supporting this I would be very grateful. RegardsJo

If you could fit in the Jiffy bag,Go ahead- knock yourself out!!!Lol:)