Irish girl turkish guy relationship advice?

Rate this topic

Hi im new to this so dont know if this is the right place to post this question. If it is the wrong one then could you please point me to a forum dealing with irish turkish relationships. Well basically im an irish girl and recently met a turkish man in Ireland while he was studying english here. We slept together quickly and started talking and now we really like each other. He went back to Istanbul but we are in contact every day.

He is 23 and i am 24. I really like him and he's always saying how much he likes me and wants to be together forever. I spoke to him about the bad things i hear about turkish men such as abusive and possessive and seems very open minded. I also have a child and is fine with this and always asks about her. My question is... Do these long distance relationships work with turkish and Irish? Any advice for me?? Are turkish men usually so forward??

Thanks xx

Hi Irishgirl,

I believe that long distance relationships can work as long as both parties are in it for the same reason and that both are willing to work at it, regardless of nationality. I wish you best of luck.

Hi Irish Girl,

I am also Irish and am in a relationship with a Turkish guy. I'm 18 and he's 22, we met while I was over there during the summer and have been together for six months. I'm going over to see him in April, can't wait! I don't know if I am really in a position to comment on whether  long distance relationships work since we have only been together six months which I guess is a relatively short time. However so far so good! If you are both willing to make compromises and put in the effort I think they can work. But the distance is very difficult sometimes! Viber or whatsapp is a necessity! Posted Image With regards to being so forward in my experience I would definitely agree with that, they don't hold back! I don't know if I've been any help to you but just wanted to let you know there are other Irish girls in your situation. Posted Image

Ciara xx