KhushiSmile

Jobs for Doctors in Turkey

Rate this topic

Hey i am also planning to shift to Turkey.. i have done my bachelors in dental Surgery from Pakistan. Can any one tell me how to apply for job in Istanbul as a dentist??? honest guidance and advise needed. plus i only know English and urdu as a language?

The latest list i found from 2017 i believe of prohibited occupations here for foreigners ...

Diving, maritime navigation, working on ships, extracting wreckage, exportation of fish, other sea creatures, sand and pebbles Mining
Working as executive director in travel agencies
Professional occupations: midwife, dentist, vet, career, pharmacist, optician, executive director in hospitals, judge, lawyer, prosecutor, security guard, notary.

I recently read something about there being an exception for doctors working in private hospitals. It took me a while to find it, but here it is:

http://www.mondaq.com/turkey/x/720906/Healthcare/Employing+A+Foreigner+Medical+Doctor+In+Turkey

Mondaq is a site which covers legal developments in Turkey. You have to join the site to read the article. According to the article, foreign doctors can work in Turkey as long as they meet certain requirements. The list of requirements is in the article.

Ironically yesterday while here house sitting for friends  in Fethiye, my wife needed to see a Doctor for a chest infection & the guy was in a private practice, Albanian with Turkish citizenship & was the first foreigner to be allowed to practice in Turkey.
Strange that you can be a Doctor, but not Dentist or Vet...