Sign in to follow this  
vallillo

is Bodrum really cheaper than Istanbul?

Rate this topic

Hi guys, I'm currently living in Istanbul and making a good salary (around 4000lira), I also have a free non-shared 1 bedroom flat. I can see that some of the better schools in Istanbul offer this kind of package, some even offer flight allowance etc. But as soon as you look outside at Bodrum the salary drops to around between 3300 - 3500 lira with no free apartment. As I am new to Turkey I'd like to know, is that a fair deal? Is Bodrum really that much cheaper than Istanbul to lose close to 1000 lira a month and a free flat. Thanks in advance

I'm not sure what the price differences are. But there is a website which records the cost of living in various cities, including Turkish cities, called Numbeo. Check the cost of living for both cities there. Select Turkey as the country, then on the Turkey page use the drop-down list to select Bodrum. At the bottom of the Bodrum page there is an option to compare it to another place, so enter Istanbul there. From just a quick glance it looks like Bodrum is quite a bit cheaper than Istanbul, but you can see for yourself.