traveling to marmaris without travel agent

Rate this topic

Just book yourself a flight online and go and find a hotel or pension. Best to arrive before midday then you have time to find somewhere to stay. Easy! When are you thinking of coming?

I use A1 travel.com . Book flights and hotel separately but through one payment. It's cheaper then using Thomas cook etc.

You can pay for transfers as you probably know it's about an hour from the airport or you can get a taxi but fix the price before you get in. I haven't been for a few years so I don't know the going rate.

I'm not sure I'd want to 'find' a hotel when u get there you could be traipsing around for ages and you don't know what they are like - I like to do my research. I always go self catering now as we like to make the most of the cheap super markets and then go out for a meal which helps local business. I found one hotel last sept for £20 for 2 weeks! And have been looking for June 2014 and found some as little as £15per person.

Really recommend that website

I hadn't heard of A1 Travel before, I'll check that one out as well. HostelWorld.com is the one I use. They have maps showing you where the place is, and photos of the hotel/pension and rooms (I assume A1 Travel does too). Once I book my pension or hotel, I book my flight and just go, I've never used a travel agent.

I usually use trip advisor for real photos but the British have a way of only posting complaints or when they have something to moan about so the ratings should be taken lightly!

A1 travel has options for flight only, hotel only or both. Sky scanner is a good comparison site for flights. I think A1 has maps it's been a while but I think so

• 4 weeks later...

I travel to antalya many times by myself and I do all the booking online. I gave always used Travel Republic and even though there have been some negative reviews about them I can honestly say I have never ever had a problem with them. I always use them cos with me travelling alone I want to make sure nothing goes wrong and with Travel Republic nothing ever has..everything was easy and ran smoothly from getting on ur plane to transfer to hotel and back again. Its so easy to do...choose a flight that suits u then it takes u to hotels available..pick one then add on ur baggage and transfers and pay.2 minutes later u get emails that u print off. These are ur flight details and tickets..transfer paperwork and hotel details abd accommodation voucher which u give to reception at hotel. If I can do it anyone can.

Hope this helps

• 1 year later...

Well the best thing to do ,is getting a cheap flight to dalaman airport , there you can find shuttle busses more or less for every flight ,it will coast you like 20 tl to come come to marmaris town center.

Booking.com is a good option to find some nice hotels ,if you are not bothered with hotel , " Dost Hotel " is a good option to stay ,but you can find alot of different options for the hotels , if you want to do some trips " Besem Travel " is cheap and a good company organizing many trips and you can book online.

ps: location of the hotel can help you alot stay away from armutalan , try to get something from Marmaris Centre or Siteler Region .