Sign in to follow this  
mrs

University Rankings?

Rate this topic

Hi guys! Long time no post, huh? I'm back though, I think at least. 

Uh, mostly because I have a huge existential crisis and I need advice. I'm still studying Turkish at my school, but my primary major is Computer Science to supplement the language study so that I will have a good chance of getting a job when I graduate. Problem is, I want to study abroad in Turkey but can't find a school with a good CS program really. Since I imagine there are schools that people talk about more than others I was hoping someone could give me the insider advice on school rankings in Turkey, for things like Computer Science but also translation perhaps. Or just general school rankings, that would help a lot!

I also really want to do an internship abroad, but I don't know how that would be possible in another country. If someone has an idea there, that'd be splendid!

I hope you're all doing great! I will be around trying to catch up!

Nice to see you back on here Paks.  The very best of Turkish universities would be lucky to get into the top 500 of world university rankings ! :D

But having said that, since you are keen on combining studies with the Turkish language, check this out :

http://www.mastersportal.eu/search/?q=ci-28|di-24|lv-master||3e35e11f

Hope you will find something suitable..... and let us know how you go.  :)

You should check out the QS world rankings, there are a few turkish universities in their rankings the top ones being bilkent and middle east technical university. I can't say if they are good for computer science though, you would have to check that out further.

Paks, universities usually do not list their programs as Computer Science but rather Computer Engineering. The only CS program in Istanbul was at Bilgi University but they merged the two into CE. Contact them for current info about their programs. Nearly all courses are taught in English.

http://www.bilgi.edu.tr/en/