Traditional Manti Recipe

Rate this topic

Hi!

My fiance's absolute favourite food is Manti and I want to learn to cook it for him so that when (we hope), he gets his visa to come here, I will be able to cook it for him and make him feel more at home.

I love manti myself so being able to make it will be amazing. It seems extremely fiddly and time consuming, but I'll put in the practice and then make it for special occasion or if my fiance gets homesick.

He loves a bit of kick so he likes the oil to be spicy.

Does anybody know any good recipes for manti? Step by step instructions would really help as although I've cooked a few turkish dishes, I'm a manti beginner!

Thank you so much!

Ashley xxx

Haha! Clinky I'm pretty positive that my first attempt will be a huge failure but I will get better with each attempt so hopefully practice will make perfect! ;)I hope you enjoyed your manti! I'm very jealous that I can't have it here! I will definitely make the most of it when I'm in Istanbul in November!

Hope you're having a good weekend! Whoop whoop! X

Haha! Clinky I'm pretty positive that my first attempt will be a huge failure but I will get better with each attempt so hopefully practice will make perfect! Posted Image

I hope you enjoyed your manti! I'm very jealous that I can't have it here! I will definitely make the most of it when I'm in Istanbul in November!

Hope you're having a good weekend! Whoop whoop! X

Oh I did. Friday's manti was lovely. Villa won on Saturday, so I've been trying to recover from the post match knees-up I had.

Hope you're weekend was just as good.

Hi Clinky, Glad you enjoyed it! My weekend was great thank you :)

Hi Tatertot! I would probably give the tortellini a go if I was doing it more regularly or was short on time. I'm just trying to give doing it properly a go as I'd love to be able to make it and I'm hoping I will get better and quicker with time. I quite enjoy spending afternoons in the kitchen would happily put the tv on and sit making my manti.... Until I get bored and then wonder why I started! Hahaha!

Well, let me know how it goes!  I could try it one time and surprise my DH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dzfsD9Jlbg

OMG!  TOTALLY not how I thought you do it!  I had this image of women in salvar sitting on the floor with tiny pieces of dough, pinching meat into them!

Shocked that it was a man...  Guess that means I'm sexist, huh?

OMG!!! I just looked at that and I'm surprised too!! Also suprised at how easy he makes it look! I bet it wouldn't be that easy if I did it!! The dough would be one big sticky mess!!!

I definitely wouldn't say it makes you sexist... I think it's just the stereotype we are used to...

I'm due to give it a shot on Sunday so wish me luck!!! Posted Image

• 3 weeks later...

Well I was craving garlic yogurt last night and could reeeeally eat a bowl of manti. I took your advice and gave tortellini a go! Wow! It wasn't quite manti but it definitely hit the spot! Will definitely be doing that again when I have a manti craving and don't have all day :) thank you ladies xx