Sign in to follow this  
ammo

UK Citizens, May i have your attention pls :)

Rate this topic

Hi :) i probably will move to the UK very soon and work in London.anyhow ... im trying to find nice place on the country side .. Kent, Essex.. an how they are called to have a affordable House with a garden. I dont mind travelling .. max. 1,5hr to work does anyon of you know a nice none haunted place ... where its nice to live and near London ? If someone knows a real estate agent in this area he recommend would be the cherry on the top Im looking for 2 bedroom house .. pls no neighbours directly connected to me ( hate this in Turkey and im really fed up :) ) and it must have a garden tahnks for any infos

You're going to have to spend a lot on travelling and renting a house in that area is going to cost you around £1000 a month.

yeah i know, we have a dog and a cat.. so i cant take a flat somewhere ... and i can probably just work the time i spend in the train.. i will see if they can somehow count this to my work time 

so u dont have any area in mind which is nice ? 

I live 90 something miles from London, and the fast commuter train takes an hour. But you'd then have the travelling time in London itself, so you'd need to be arriving at one of the stations on the side of London you work in. It all takes time AND costs money. The rail fare will be a killer out of your wages. Your commuting time won't be part of your working time. The best you could hope for is flexible working hours. 

Look on a rail network map, then look at the areas on the rightmove website to see what's available. You will find estate agents' names and phone numbers and they will have properties for rent in their area, they will know the commuting time. Of course, a desirable commuting distance will up the price of a property. (and don't forget car parking fees if you drive to the station)

I live 90 something miles from London, and the fast commuter train takes an hour. But you'd then have the travelling time in London itself, so you'd need to be arriving at one of the stations on the side of London you work in. It all takes time AND costs money. The rail fare will be a killer out of your wages. Your commuting time won't be part of your working time. The best you could hope for is flexible working hours. 

Look on a rail network map, then look at the areas on the rightmove website to see what's available. You will find estate agents' names and phone numbers and they will have properties for rent in their area, they will know the commuting time. Of course, a desirable commuting distance will up the price of a property. (and don't forget car parking fees if you drive to the station)

there is not much time i need inside london as its camen an hey have a railstation im not sure why you say : Your commuting time won't be part of your working time.

:) 

you meant its not calculated as your working time ? cauz otherwise i dont think you are my HR manage wo can decide this anyhow .. my question was not if its expensie, takes my time ect... im looking for a nice place outside london and wanted some suggestions

What job includes travel time as work time?

Say you start work at 9am, you get paid from 9am, not from 7am when you get up or 7.30am when you leave the house.

You want to live outside London and commute into London, clinky's list gives you lots of places to choose from, as nobody has given you a specific suggestion, I guess it's up to you to find the nice place. What work will you do?

You're going to be hard pressed to find a HR dept. to give you commute time as work time. 

Take a look at the list I suggested and use Google images to see if they're nice or not. Rail costs are astronomical and the rail cards are usually £2000 + a year.

A friend of mine will have a three bedroomed cottage for rent in the lovely little village of Kilndown in Kent from April next year. The rent will be £1500 per month.

yeah, my job does not really need me to be phisically all time in the office so if i have a laptop and internet stick, i can work at the train ... so i dont see a big problem there actually I ofc dont know what HR says but i will ask if there are no flexible hours ... i think they will understand that there is no work time waste as im anyhow in need to work at home aswell to get my paycheck raised. Okay the cottage its from next April so not really an option , but thanks a lot .. i actually think 1,5k GBP is a bit much for rent I was thinking some could say , go and look there ( Place), train station is near, only 1 hr to go to London ect. 

okay but i see i have to look at myself 

Having a dog and cat may be a problem if you are renting as not every landlord allows animals.  You will need to make it clear that you have a dog and cat when you inquire about properties.

still dont get it 

does it cost you Guys something to let me know what is a nice place to live ?

anyhow np ... ı can fix this by myself ... seems noone really has s clue where to live in England ..lol

maybe my topic was not clear enough.. says uk citızen .. who ıs a real <ukcıtızen from the one who replıed ? 

if you ask me where to live in İzmir than i can gıve an easy answer wıthout lunch ıs free or world ıs not free or the early bırd catch the worm ..... what else do we have ? 

whatever thanks for your kınd effort beeıng smarty smart and one more ........ ıts so cold lıke the eggs of a brass monkey 

ammo, you're looking at a HUGE area. We don't know what you mean by 'nice', and what your budget is.

Rent is higher in UK.

Council Tax is higher.

Transport costs are higher.

If you're looking for commuter belt areas, it will be expensive, and if it is really close to the train station it will be more so.

Cars are cheaper, petrol is cheaper, parking is more expensive, gas and electric are a bit cheaper, water more expensive. Shopping is cheaper, landline, broadband is much cheaper and faster. TV package is cheaper, but you have to have a TV license. Mobile phones and charges are cheaper.

Where I live in the midlands a 2 bedroom house is between 500-650 GBP rent per month, but places near the station tend not to be so nice. A 'nice' place would be further away, but then you'd need transport to the station. There are hundreds of places in the link before, and because a lot of people want what you want the demand is high, and so the rents are too. 

zoopla.com 

Clearly, none of us have an actual place to suggest to you, sorry about that.

ammo, you're looking at a HUGE area. We don't know what you mean by 'nice', and what your budget is.

Rent is higher in UK.

Council Tax is higher.

Transport costs are higher.

If you're looking for commuter belt areas, it will be expensive, and if it is really close to the train station it will be more so.

Cars are cheaper, petrol is cheaper, parking is more expensive, gas and electric are a bit cheaper, water more expensive. Shopping is cheaper, landline, broadband is much cheaper and faster. TV package is cheaper, but you have to have a TV license. Mobile phones and charges are cheaper.

Where I live in the midlands a 2 bedroom house is between 500-650 GBP rent per month, but places near the station tend not to be so nice. A 'nice' place would be further away, but then you'd need transport to the station. There are hundreds of places in the link before, and because a lot of people want what you want the demand is high, and so the rents are too. 

zoopla.com 

Clearly, none of us have an actual place to suggest to you, sorry about that.

Sorry but thats not true 

since living in the UK I can tell you exactly where you can move ect. 

plus Uk is the most sh*tty country in the world ... level of service is so low and on the same time you pay for everything... if they take taxes for breathing air.. Uk will be the first country who will take them. 

I hate itttt :) 

Sorry but thats not true 

since living in the UK I can tell you exactly where you can move ect. 

plus Uk is the most sh*tty country in the world ... level of service is so low and on the same time you pay for everything... if they take taxes for breathing air.. Uk will be the first country who will take them. 

I hate itttt Posted Image

Ammo, how many countries have you lived in?  I'm guessing from this thread that you've never lived anywhere other than Turkey before.

I've lived (lived in, not visited) Sweden, Libya, India, Swaziland, Egypt, Jamaica, Turkey, and the UK. 

While not perfect, the UK is far from being the "most sh*tty country in the world".  There are others on my list that qualify better for that!

Until you've had more experience you can't expect your comments and your opinion to be taken seriously.

Grow up!  (and if you hate it so much, just go home....)

CAMBRIDGE IS NICE AND IS LESS THAN AN HOUR AND HALF AWAY BY TUBEhttp://www.bidwells.co.uk/properties/search/?search_type=rsl&search_type_a=residential&search_type_b=lettings&location=Cambridge&minPrice=0&maxPrice=0&minBedrooms=0&minArea=0&maxArea=0&status=2&type=0&radius=0Link to rental detached property in that area.Peterborough may be cheaper.Try HuntingdonTry high WycombeTry beacons field ( bit dear )Try seven oaksTry turn ridge wellsAll nice towns. :)EDIT AGAIN!!Just read post number 19!Lol! Ammo, you're so funny!!:)

Try Huntingdon

Try high Wycombe

Try beacons field ( bit dear )

Try seven oaks

Try turn ridge wells

All nice towns. Posted Image

I really like Sevenoaks, it's a lovely town Posted ImageI used to live in Erith, nice as well. I miss the UK as cold & rainy as it is. Posted Image

Sorry but thats not true  since living in the UK I can tell you exactly where you can move ect. plus Uk is the most sh*tty country in the world ... level of service is so low and on the same time you pay for everything... if they take taxes for breathing air.. Uk will be the first country who will take them. I hate itttt :)

Please, do tell me exactly where I should be living!!And I have lived in 4 different countries, we moved back to UK after 2 years in Turkey. I feel the same about Turkey as you do about UK. But that's OK. We moved back to UK and you can move back to Turkey......so we're all happy, right?By the way, where are you living and working?