Sign in to follow this  
vallillo

E-visa

Rate this topic

Hey, Has anyone entered Turkey on the new e-visa. I've been told that in order to secure a work permit I must get the sticker visa in my passport and not the e-visa, is this correct? The reason I'm asking is because the Turkish embassy London state that the e-visa has replaced the sticker visa... Thanks

I just went in with an E-Visa, it was super easy and painless. I don't know about the permit stuff though, but don't worry about the E-Visa being too new or anything it was great for me.

Good luck, I'm sure someone will come answer your other question. :)

The e-visa is indeed a great system, and it has replaced the system where you used to get a tourist "sticker" visa at the port of entry.  It did not replace the work visa system, which is a completely different thing.  When you talk to the embassy, make sure they understand that you are talking about a work visa and not a tourist visa.

You can learn more about the process of applying for a work visa and a work permit in the work visas and permits articles section.