Can a Turkish citizen travel to UK on a Belgium visa?

Rate this topic

It may be possible to visit other Shengen Visa countries using that visa but as the UK is not part of the agreement you will not be able to use it to go to the UK.

The UK is not part of the Schengen agreement. You'll need to apply separately for entry into the UK. It's a laborious process, involving lots of documents giving income, hotel and travel reservations and in-depth knowledge of Gloucester cheese rolling but you're more than likely to be accepted and be able to travel to the UK.

That's the problem I have, my partner is Turkish and until we had a child I was perfectly happy living there but since having a child I want to be around my family too so I've travelled back and forth for 2 and a half years now. I've also applied to and will be starting university in September in the UK so I won't be able to travel as often and would like my partner to be able to come to the UK so I don't have to keep carting our son back and forth. But because we are not married, my partners name isn't on the birth certificate so part of the problem of obtaining a visa for the UK is that we are not proving that my son is also his. We have looked into getting a DNA test done in Turkey to have this as alternative documentation but they want about 2000TL for the test and we think that is ridiculous. I don't know what else we can do.