Sign in to follow this  
Petunia846

Shipping FROM Turkey...

Rate this topic

So what's the cheapest way to ship things from Turkey to the US? I've always just used the PTT for sending home Christmas presents and stuff. It's a little slow sometimes, but everything has always been delivered just fine.

The price with PTT isn't too bad, but it still seems expensive to me. I saved my shipping forms from X-mas, and for example, one package was 1090 grams, and another was 1202 grams, and both of those were 44 TL with surface mail. Two other packages, one 620 grams and the other 690 grams, both went for 34 TL.

How does that compare to companies you guys use? Is PTT the cheapest method, or are there other companies that do it cheaper? I know I've seen UPS here, but I've heard there are some other cargo companies in Turkey and I don't know anything about them.

Anything really valuable will be coming with me on the plane, this would just be stuff like winter clothes and some books for work, so it doesn't need to be registered, insured, or delivered in any particular time frame.

So what's the cheapest way to ship things from Turkey to the US? I've always just used the PTT for sending home Christmas presents and stuff. It's a little slow sometimes, but everything has always been delivered just fine.

That's also been my experience, mostly. And I am pretty sure that PTT is the cheapest. But I have lost some things shipping with PTT or they were undelivered and sent back (with payment due for the return trip). In both cases where that happened, it involved shipping packages to Turkey and not from Turkey. In one case the PTT didn't notify me that the package had arrived, or they just left the receipt with the kapıcı (building superintendent) who may have lost it or forgot to give it to me. But if it's something which absolutely has to get there, I would use a regular cargo company. There's MNG, FedEx, UPS, and also DHL in Turkey.

Shipping things to Turkey the only problem I've had with PTT is slowness, but whatever, no one's ever sending me things that can't sit around for a few weeks. My kapıcıs like me, so I always get stuff. It's annoying having to go downtown, but now I know the drill.

What about Aras? Someone else mentioned them. Are they good? I would assume FedEx, UPS, and DHL are more expensive than PTT, right? If I recall correctly, they're always more expensive than the USPS.