Sign in to follow this  
MUSTAFA27

Where To Live In Turkey

Rate this topic

HI EVERYONE,

i Am a single male 26 years old im leaving now in Canada Montreal city since 24years , i will like to come back to my wonderful country but i don’t know where to live my life. i dont realy know my contry and i realy like to start my new life in turkey. boring to be in Montreal Canada.

Which cities can you advise me to go?I like the nightlife and big cities. i need a city where they have beaches, mall center, touristic area , nice women , safe place , good opportunity to work and buy property , not too much rich place and expensive area.

i am happy to be on this web site thanks again !!

i will like to buy apartement

Welcome Mustafa.

I like the nightlife and big cities. i need a city where they have beaches, mall center, touristic area , nice women , safe place , good opportunity to work and buy property , not too much rich place and expensive area.

I don't think you will find all these in one place. Istanbul of course is the city in Turkey where most is going on but it is not cheap and the nearest beaches get pretty crowded.

Izmir is a cosmopolitan city and is cheaper but has fewer work opportunities but there are many lovely beaches within an hours journey.

Antalya would be a good area for tourist work as it's a well known holiday destination.

Do you have family in Turkey that can help you settle here?

hi sunny

yes i have family in turkey but its been very long time i didnt see my family there , of course i will go see my family, i have some family here too my mother help me to find some good place to live my life , i know Istanbul its big touristic place & nightlife there , but like my mother said its more for have holiday not really to stay there long time , maybe she's wrong that why i ask in this forum if there place to live good and young people and active city not too old

Thats why i need some help :)

Antalya seem to be a nice city for me, but where in antalya i realy dont know

I really like Antalya and the surrounding areas. I am sure that city would be suitable for you. There are several people on this forum who live in Antalya and know the place very well. Jade is on holiday at the moment but she has an excellent estate agency in Antalya. You need to visit and rent a place first before making your final decision.Posted Image

What sort of work do you do Mustafa, as that will most likely decide where you live?

Hi Mustafa and welcome to our forum. Istanbul is huge and whilst the centre can be touristy it can still be a place to live and work. As you go out of the centre it's just like any other city, Antalya is also a very touristy place as many people go their for their holidays but it also a place to live and work.

The only thing I would suggest and I know that others will agree is that you don't buy a property until you are sure you will be happy living in there. We always suggest that where every you decide to settle is it important to spend a year there renting. Places can seem very nice in the summer with everything going on and then in the winter they can become very boring. It will also give you the time to decide whether you want to stay in Turkey as it might not be for you.

It will also depend on what sort of climate you like. Istanbul get lots of rain and snow in the winter months and very cold and you are probably used to that living in Montreal. Antalya isn't so cold in the winter months or for very long but it does get very hot in the summer.

We do have members that live in Istanbul and Antalya who will give there opinions. Posted Image

I really like Antalya and the surrounding areas. I am sure that city would be suitable for you. There are several people on this forum who live in Antalya and know the place very well. Jade is on holiday at the moment but she has an excellent estate agency in Antalya. You need to visit and rent a place first before making your final decision.Posted Image

thanks brother for the reply,

do you know where in Antalya ?

What sort of work do you do Mustafa, as that will most likely decide where you live?

i work in construction i do all about renovation in kitchen like all the Counter,Cupboard and more

The trouble giving advice to people about where to live is hard as everyone is different. What might suit one person won't suit another. It will be down to you in the end to go and look for yourself to make a decision.

Hi Mustafa and welcome to our forum. Istanbul is huge and whilst the centre can be touristy it can still be a place to live and work. As you go out of the centre it's just like any other city, Antalya is also a very touristy place as many people go their for their holidays but it also a place to live and work.

The only thing I would suggest and I know that others will agree is that you don't buy a property until you are sure you will be happy living in there. We always suggest that where every you decide to settle is it important to spend a year there renting. Places can seem very nice in the summer with everything going on and then in the winter they can become very boring. It will also give you the time to decide whether you want to stay in Turkey as it might not be for you.

It will also depend on what sort of climate you like. Istanbul get lots of rain and snow in the winter months and very cold and you are probably used to that living in Montreal. Antalya isn't so cold in the winter months or for very long but it does get very hot in the summer.

We do have members that live in Istanbul and Antalya who will give there opinions. Posted Image

:) here in montreal the winter its not realy fun with -30 and 25cm snow heheheehe , but Istanbul and Antalya seem to be the 2 big city i will like to live in but like you said its better to rent apartement 6-12month and take time before buying house. but where in antalya or istanbul ? :)

thanks again for the support u guys ROCK !!!

The trouble giving advice to people about where to live is hard as everyone is different. What might suit one person won't suit another. It will be down to you in the end to go and look for yourself to make a decision.

i understand what u meen but its not easy to go somewhere u dont know . like this forum people can help other one to know little bit more about what you need and advise you with hes experiences , quite city or active city u should maybe know better then me where those city are !

We have a another member called Fil who lives in Antalya and is very helpful. Hopefully he will be along later and will give you some advice.

Fortunately Istanbul doesn't have as much snow or is as cold as Montreal.

I don't think you wouldn't have any trouble finding work in Istanbul in your line of work.

We have a another member called Fil who lives in Antalya and is very helpful. Hopefully he will be along later and will give you some advice.

Fortunately Istanbul doesn't have as much snow or is as cold as Montreal.

I don't think you wouldn't have any trouble finding work in Istanbul in your line of work.

i will probably rent 6-8month to Antalya and 6-8month Istanbul

That sounds like a good plan.

Good luck and hope you let us know how you get on Posted Image

of course ! we go party !!! here in Montreal people like party. im sure gilr are more beautiful in turkey then here :) :) :)

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you are hoping to work here I presume that you have a Turkish Kimlik and can speak Turkish fluently?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

If you are hoping to work here I presume that you have a Turkish Kimlik and can speak Turkish fluently?

yes i have my turkish kimlik but i dont speack very much turkish :( i know i know u guys wanna know how come i dont speack my language LOL .. its long story im not really worry about that i know the basic so all the rest will come later step by step

Yes, Turkish girls are very beautiful. They say the most beautiful Turkish girls live in Izmir, but don't know if that is true are not.

my father told me " if you go to your contry i will find you a girl hehehehehe.... i will find my self dad LOL

Hi Mustafa, welcome to the forum! :)

You are 26 years old with a Turkish kimlik and you want to live & work in Turkey. It would be helpful to learn the language (at least the basics) and ........ have you thought about military service...........? You would normally be required to do this, unless you apply for the paid exemption for those living outside Turkey. You'd be eligible for this, so need to arrange it through your Consulate before you come --- for 10,000 euros (I think???).

Good luck ! :)

Hi Mustafa, welcome to the forum! Posted Image

You are 26 years old with a Turkish kimlik and you want to live & work in Turkey. It would be helpful to learn the language (at least the basics) and ........ have you thought about military service...........? You would normally be required to do this, unless you apply for the paid exemption for those living outside Turkey. You'd be eligible for this, so need to arrange it through your Consulate before you come --- for 10,000 euros (I think???).

Good luck ! Posted Image

yes i will need to paid for this exemption military service. its little bit more then 10k euros i dont know how much exactly. with my basic language i will probably be able to work there but i dont thing i will start working in the same years im there maybe more. need to have my trukish side on me to come up . i have too much canadian mentality

Ah, now that is another point. A lot of Turkish people who have lived abroad for a number of years find it difficult to live here because of the different ways of thinking about things so be prepared to experience this.

Ah, now that is another point. A lot of Turkish people who have lived abroad for a number of years find it difficult to live here because of the different ways of thinking about things so be prepared to experience this.

i will :)

I'd have to respectfully disagree with your mother. If you like city life, Istanbul IS a place you can live in and not just visit. Maybe she just doesn't want her boy exposed to the big city life?

I'm biased to Izmit. It's a smaller town 1 1/2 hours from Istanbul. My husband's from there. They're STILL trying to snap back from the earthquake, so there's lots of building to be done. No beaches, but lakes. It's also not touristy. I personally can't stand tourist towns.

Good luck. I take it you also speak French?

Hi Salut

oui je parle aussi francais Posted Image i know istanbul its a very nice place. its my #1 destination , but where around istanbul there is abordable place to live ?

the winter its not very a big deal , if its 1h 45min from downtown istanbul i will be happy too .. i know they have europeean side and asian side.

if someone have web site i can visit for buying apartement will apreciat Posted Image:)

As suggested to you before, do not buy until you have lived here for a while.

If you buy and then find that the job you get is on the opposite side of the city, involving hours of travelling it would not be good. Rent somewhere while you get settled and look for a job and explore the city to find areas that you like.

To find furnished apartments look on Sahibimden.com and Hurrieytemlak.com or other newspaper's emlak pages.

i understand 100% its only to give me some idea how much they sell apartment, i have 1 other question

here in montreal its a good industry of properity investment . is it the same in Turkey?

I think it is the world over, but you have to study the market first and find the right areas as there is so much new building and some areas don't sell very well.

Those two suggestion of web-sites I gave you show sales as well as rents.