Homemade Cadburys Creme Eggs

Rate this topic

post-8668-0-37666700-1364809862_thumb.jpCadbury's creme eggs are an icon they are sold in many countries, 200 million are sold every year in the UK . Hershey market them in the USA.

Whilst looking for another recipe I found Home made Cadbury Creme Eggs

The interior is created using a generous amount of butter, Lyle’s Golden Syrup or corn syrup, vanilla bean, salt, and a couple of subtle drops of Orange Blossom Water which is completely optional but gives this home made version a soft perfume that intoxicates with every bite.

homemade cadbury creme eggs

Posted Image

Home made Cadbury Creme Eggs

Makes about 15 eggs depending on the size you want.

½ cup Lyle’s Golden Syrup or Corn syrup
4 ounces (100 gms) butter, softened
½ teaspoon salt
3 drops orange blossom water (optional)
1 vanilla bean, seeds removed (optional)
1 teaspoon vanilla
3 cups powdered sugar
¼- ½ teaspoon yellow food colour
12 oz dark chocolate or milk chocolate (broken into pieces)

Place the butter in the bowl of a stand mixer but this can easily be done by hand or with a hand mixer. Add the syrup , salt, orange blossom water (if using), vanilla seeds and vanilla. Scrape down the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula to make sure everything is mixed well.

Turn the mixer to low and slowly add the powdered sugar. Mix until completely smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as necessary.

Place ⅓ of the mixture into a small bowl and add enough food colour to obtain desired yellow colour.
Cover both bowls with plastic wrap and put into the freezer for at least 15 minutes. It is necessary that this mixture be very cold while working with it.

Posted Image

When the sugar mixture has completely chilled remove from the freezer. Working quickly take about ½ teaspoon of the “yolk” mixture and roll it into a ball. Continue forming your yolks.

Once the yolks are complete place them on a plate or a sheet tray covered with parchment and then put that back into the freezer.

Now working with your “whites” use a tablespoon measure to scoop out the sugar mixture then roll that into a ball. Continue until all the white portion of the sugar mixture is gone.

If the “whites” are too soft place back into the freezer for a few minutes.

Remove the “yolks” from the freezer. Place a “white” in the palm of your hand and gently flatten a bit. Create a indent in the centre to rest the “yolk” in. Place the “yolk” in the centre of the “white” then cover it up. Roll the “white” into an egg shape. If at any point the sugar mixture gets too soft quickly put it back into the freezer.

Posted Image

Either melt the chocolate in a microwave at 30 second intervals stirring very well in between. Or melt the chocolate in a bowl over a pan of hot water. Add a table spoon of butter to the chocolate and stir well. The butter gives a smoother finish

Working with one egg at a time, remove the egg from the freezer and stick a toothpick in it. Dip the egg into the chocolate and carefully let the excess chocolate drip off. Make the coating as thick as you like. Place the toothpick into something – like half a potato – while the chocolate sets.

Posted Image

Place the chocolate covered egg into the fridge for 10 minutes while the chocolate sets.

Carefully remove the toothpick from the egg and cover up the small hole with a little bit melted chocolate

Store in the fridge when all eggs are finished, then eat and enjoy!

This looks magnificent and worth a try.

Thanks for finding this Aston!

Your welcome, it was purely by accident I came across the recipe, The eggs seem quite easy to make. I am sure they will go down well with those who have a sweet toothPosted Image

omg!! Aston you have saved my life!! Cadburys creme eggs are my favourite thing in the world and I think they should be sold all year round. For easter (yes I still get easter eggs at 24 yrs old haha) mum sent me a whole box of them like the pic TaterTot have posted of the halloween ones and Im ashamed to say they have all gone haha.

TaterTot I have tried the halloween ones but I dont like them as much as the original ones!! I really have to get some syrup when I go home in may! xxx

omg!! Aston you have saved my life!! Cadburys creme eggs are my favourite thing in the world and I think they should be sold all year round. For easter (yes I still get easter eggs at 24 yrs old haha) mum sent me a whole box of them like the pic TaterTot have posted of the halloween ones and Im ashamed to say they have all gone haha.

TaterTot I have tried the halloween ones but I dont like them as much as the original ones!! I really have to get some syrup when I go home in may! xxx

Sam , I have seen golden syrup in Metro and in Kipa but not all the time. I am sure I read Clinky found golden syrup somewhere. You can also use corn syrup so have a look for that. Good egg making

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...