So You Want A Turkish Wife! :)

Rate this topic

yeovil07

Hilarious! Many a true word spoken in jest. Posted Image

Thank you so much Sunny and thank you for allowing me to share it with you and your forum members. Unfortunately a forum moderator elsewhere on another Turkish forum decided that he would PM and be quite rude to me!

So think your forum is the best place to be :)

It's the illnesses brought on by not wearing slippers or swallowing animal hair that worry me! Posted Image

We know that quite a number people on other forums are unnecessarily rude at times. We pride ourselves on being a friendly forum.

This did make me smile!!

As a British women I admit CLEAR defeat in the cleaning stakes, I sorrowfully hold up my hands and state that I clean neither the underside of the fridge OR the underside of the sofa.....

I feel distraught at my ineptitude!!;(

I loved your blog and thought the way you write is brilliant!

Unfortunately at the moment my husband is overdoing it with situations to getting ill! This winter I have had a chest infection and then pneumonia....so now apparently i cannot do anything as I will get ill again, even getting stressed will make me ill apparently! I cannot cuddling my dog to close as the hairs will make me ill, told of if I go out with wet hair, don't wear slippers in the house and most annoying of all....if i were my pj's and the top goes up at night i really will get ill (even tho im under the duvet!). However annoying it is tho, it is really nice to know that he cares so much!! I agree with you aston, i also am not allowed to put the water in the fridge atm as it can make me ill....

I am looking forward to summer when alot of these problems go away haha.

Im sure there would be also many things we could put on here about being married to a Turkish man......

Turks are strainge creatures hey! xx

I laughed out loud at your blog Posted Image You forgot about the dangers of cold drinks, cold air ( as is draughts when doors are left open for the breeze) cold floors and sitting on cold steps. Posted Image

they actually put screws in the windows at school to prevent them from being opened, because fresh air is BAD for you! and i hate that every water cooler in the building is unplugged! i guess one of the advantages of living alone is having constant access to cold water and fresh air and having no one to say anything about it =]

I loved your blog and thought the way you write is brilliant!

Unfortunately at the moment my husband is overdoing it with situations to getting ill! This winter I have had a chest infection and then pneumonia....so now apparently i cannot do anything as I will get ill again, even getting stressed will make me ill apparently! I cannot cuddling my dog to close as the hairs will make me ill, told of if I go out with wet hair, don't wear slippers in the house and most annoying of all....if i were my pj's and the top goes up at night i really will get ill (even tho im under the duvet!). However annoying it is tho, it is really nice to know that he cares so much!!

I agree with you aston, i also am not allowed to put the water in the fridge atm as it can make me ill....

I am looking forward to summer when alot of these problems go away haha.

Im sure there would be also many things we could put on here about being married to a Turkish man......

Turks are strainge creatures hey! xx

Thanks Swabs- really very kind of you.

Well, I think we can not see why so many Turkish guys are trying to find a foreign bride:)

Even with all her strange ways though, I wouldn't swap my wife for the world....damm sure she would swap me for a years supply of Domestos though Posted Image

I laughed out loud at your blog Posted Image You forgot about the dangers of cold drinks, cold air ( as is draughts when doors are left open for the breeze) cold floors and sitting on cold steps. Posted Image

One that always has me shaking my head in total disbelieve is her incredible claim " Pizza gives you cancer"

I live 5 minutes walk from my school so I look out of the window and decide whether it's shirt weather or my thin jacket weather. Today it was shirt weather. So I walk into the staff room and I faced a 10 minute interrogation on why I'm so stupid. Needless to say I was dripping at this point because I was sweating like a mo'fo and the radiators in the school were set to nuclear.

I live 5 minutes walk from my school so I look out of the window and decide whether it's shirt weather or my thin jacket weather. Today it was shirt weather. So I walk into the staff room and I faced a 10 minute interrogation on why I'm so stupid. Needless to say I was dripping at this point because I was sweating like a mo'fo and the radiators in the school were set to nuclear.

I get exactly the same thing Clinky. If the temperature is 20 degrees to an Englishman that's tropical. Me and my wife look like the odd couple when we go out this time of year. Me in shorts and t/shirt and her dressed as if she is off to Lapland with a romantic rendezvous with Father Christmas!

Ha ha ha this blog made me laugh so much...but definitely Turkish Men tick a lot of these as well......the scrubbing and peeling fruit must be passed down from mother to son, obviously along with the slippers obsession Posted Image

And how come when you go to someone's home they always hand you slippers that ar 5 sizes too big. :)

I have the same problem as you LM. Turkish ladies don't seem to have feet larger than 37, I always end up having to wear men's slippers! It's the same buying shoes. They used to expect me to get my feet into size 39, even though I'd asked for a 41.

I have the same problem as you LM. Turkish ladies don't seem to have feet larger than 37, I always end up having to wear men's slippers! It's the same buying shoes. They used to expect me to get my feet into size 39, even though I'd asked for a 41.

turkısh ladıes are more petite than brıtısh women then Posted Image))) . you must accept that the price for larger size is cheaper . you must count yourself lucky Posted Image)

I can't buy shoes in T, I buy them when I come to the UK. Sandals are OK though.