Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Louisecos11

Question About Moving

Rate this topic

4 posts in this topic

hi all, this may seem a silly question to ask but I was just wondering, because I know it is the case for some countries but don't know about Turkey, can you get your residency permit easily enough if you still have some debts back in England? The reason I ask is because I am currently in the process of saving the money I need to show in my bank in order to get my visa and things keep coming up that are costing me loads of money, like car damage for instance :-/ and rather than taking this out of my 'visa savings fund' I have put it on my credit card and while I am slowly paying this off and will more than likely have paid it off by the time I move I am just wondering if it will cause any problems to get my visa with still a little bit of debt on it? only a few hundred pound nothing too much! does anyone know of any issues with this? Thanks all :) xx

If it's just money that you owe the credit card people I wouldn't worry. I'm not sure that they check those sorts of details anyway. Probably they are more interested in looking to see if you have been in trouble with the police and have a record.

i don't know if UK is different from US but i had no problem getting my RP with debts in the US (shh!!)