Sign in to follow this  
americangirlfriend

My Turkish Boyfriend Is Stationed In Ankara, And I Haven't Heard From Him In Two Weeks. Is Everything Okay?

Rate this topic

So I am American and my turkish boyfriend recently had to complete his military service. We are very careful about being in contact once a week when he has his off day. He is stationed in Ankara which is supposedly the safest place to be, but the problem is I have not heard from him this week or last week. He has not even been online at all either. I know he would never ignore me for the sake of breaking up with me or something ridiculous like that, so I'm not exactly sure what else could be going on. Has anything happened recently in Ankara besides the U.S. embassy bombing? Is there any way the army would give him a punishment that would prevent him from speaking to me on his off days? Someone please help, I really want to be put at ease.

No nothing out of the usual has happened in Ankara. You must realise that he is in the army and that means he has no control over his movements and his time so you should relax and wait patiently until he has free time again, two weeks is nothing.

thank you. And I know I should start getting used to it.... I have never been in a long distance relationship before let alone with someone who lives in a different country, so this is all hard to adjust to. I would be okay if we could skype every day, but since he is in the army for his five month term it has been hard for the both of us.

It can be three or four weeks before a new conscript can call anyone . You are lucky he only has only five months to do, the average Turkish male without a university education is conscripted as a private into the army for fifteen months. Turkish soldiers no matter where they are based, serve in a real war or fight against terrorism.

Its most unlikely that a conscript will have his laptop and be able to Skype each day or chat on Facebook. I hope he calls soon Posted Image